cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have written formula at transformations between datasource to infocube to convert lower case values for the field to upper case

former_member558460
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have written the formula at transformation level between Datasource to DSO to convert lower case values to upper case for one of the field.

After writing formula all the lower case values coming from the source system is converting to upper case in DSO successfully.

But when I load the same data from DSO to Infocube again in infocube I can see lower values, due to that load is getting failed.

Not able to understand why again in infocube lower case values are coming , as already values are converted to upper case at DSO level.

There is a direct mapping between field and no start or end routine.

Thanks In Advance,

Ubaid.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member558460
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Issue is solved, we have to write formula at both level that is Datasouce--- DSO and then DSO---cube. There was some old entries in the change log table with lower case letters that's the reason load was failing . Finally I have written the formula between DSO and Cube it got success.

Thanks all for the support/

Regards,

Asim.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Asim,

Can you check settings of info object, if the flag is set for Lower case letters or not then upper case and lower case are distinguished when you enter values with screen masks, Otherwise all the letters entered will be converted to upper case when you enter values with a screen mask.

Thanks,

Siva

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asim,

please cross check at your DSO, all values are in upper case or not.

there might be some old data at dso which  are in lower case, that might be causing.

please check your DSO data and find it.

other wise, time being, you can write formula between DSo and Cube to convert upper and solve it.

Thanks

former_member558460
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

I have cross checked at DSO level all are converted to upper case but I am not sure why in infocube lower case values are coming.

Thanks,

Asim.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lets find the data record from cube and check it

from where its coming, there might some other info object have lower cases,

please cross check which info object have lower cases, and which info object mapped to your info cube - object from dso info object. see your dso info object - holds lower case or upper case.

cross check your data flow. you will find where it went wrong.

former_member558460
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

I have checked the Error Stack DTP and all the errors are for that one field only. Did quality system behave differently some time ? Yesterday there was some basis activity in the quality system.

Thanks,

Asim.

former_member976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you write the formula function at transformation level - TOUPPER.

if have one record lower case letter you will get error.

pls cross check DSO data any record have lower case letters.

have you selected info objects allow lower case letter setting ? if not pls check the setting.

it will solve the issue for this no need to write the any formula function.

Thanks,

Phani.

former_member558460
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

I have written the formula TOUPPER ( ZINFOOBJECT), between transformation of Datasource and DSO.

Developer missed to select the settings at inoobject level for lower case letters. Now its not possible to marked the infoobject as lower case because already data is loaded, System will give error if we try to mark it as lower case as existing master data will get corrupted.

Thanks,

Asim.