Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Write and Save Comments In sap Design studio

SATHISH_BTP
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert's,

I am Working On Sap Design Studio Here I got One Requirement i.e write Comments In Sap Design studio Dashboard And Save it To see other Persons on the same dashboard  .

I have Checked in SCN  here they Are Using Portable Fragment Bookmark

I have Goggle it I Got One Document related to Comment Management How to implement That And how to Use This In Design Studio Could you Please Help on this any Short Way other than this  to Provide Comment functionality with out using Addon's.

SAP BI BO Commentary solution

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

You can also take a look at the post Self-Made Design Studio SDK Comments.  Apart from the links you've documented and other third-party solutions, there is currently no quick and easy approach to implementing shareable commentary with the standard functionality.  I believe Design Studio integration with the current BusinessObjects commentary feature is on the roadmap.

Regards,

Mustafa.

SATHISH_BTP
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

Here Which Component need to Download and is there any  version Compatibility Limitation There for this.

Best Regard's,

Sathish

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

The download link to the component in the blog I referenced is at the end of the blog in the Final Words section.  Keep in mind that this component only addresses the front-end UI piece of a commentary solution.  You will still need to develop your own back-end integration.

Regards,

Mustafa.

SATHISH_BTP
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

Thanks,I don't Know about Integration Part as per karol's block through Portable Fragment Gallery can I achieve this.

And I have Doubt  on BI BO Commentary Solution which I have Given Link in That they Have Mentioned commentary functionality applicable for Design studio,crystal reports etc.... Can you Please Clarify That if possible how Can Achieve that.

Best Regard's,

Sathish.

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

As far as I can see, the Portable Fragment Gallery solution is user-dependent, so comments are probably not shareable but you should try to implement it yourself and check.

Regarding the BI BO Commentary Solution, for more specific information about that in the context of your questions, I suggest you directly contact one of the two solution experts whose contact details are on the last slide.

Regards,

Mustafa.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rather than building your own commenting solution, I recommend looking at CubeServ's add-on

I recommend doing a cost benefit analysis of how long it will take for you to build it yourself, test it yourself versus buying a partner add-on

former_member276213
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

If we download  this CUBESERV addon it directly takes care of back end or additionally after downloading this SDK do we need to do some thing in back end?

Regards,

Lakshmikanth

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello - I don't know the specifics - I have not used CubeServ.  I recommend contacting them directly with this question