cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greetings!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings!

Hi my name is Manuel and i am from Mexico, i hope i could learn a lot about SAP with you guys.

This is my first post in this platform, excuse me if my english is not good enough to have a great fluency and have a good comunication with all you people.

I dont know if i could ask a question but i hope not having any kind of problem

Well, my problem is that i have the following formula

=If(Compare(ReportFilter([Query 2].[Month]);"*;*")=1)

Then [Month Acumulado 2] + " Acumulado "+Right([Query 2].[Year];4)

ElseIf (IsNull(ReportFilter([Consulta 2].[Month])))

Then "No Data "+Right([Query 2].[Year];4)

Else [Mes Individual 2]+" "+Right([Query 2].[Year];4)

This works with an input control but the result is not the expected and i don't know why!, i already check my variable values and it's ok.

When i change the value of input control, the result is fine but when i choose the option "All Values" it takes one month before the one that i want to display.

Instead of display "July Acumulado 2015" shows "June Acumulado 2015"

I almost could bet that is something easy to fix but i can not find it.

Thanks for the help and i hope making friends here.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

I didn't know there was function/operator called Compare in Webi, is that new or is that a mistake? If its new, what does Compare do?

=If(Compare(ReportFilter([Query 2].[Month]);"*;*")=1).......

May be you're looking for some other function? What are you trying to do in the first line of that formula?

Reportfilter([Query 2].[Month]) will give you 1;2;3 in the result if you've data for those 3 months, regardless of the year. On that note, what are you trying to do? If you're trying to see if there is data for Month = 1 then, try If([Query 2].[Month]=1) Then ... or if you want to see if there is data for more than one month, then try If(Count([Query 2].[Month]>1)) Then ...

Let us know what you're actually trying to do, so we can help you better.

Thanks,

Mahboob Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahboob!

Thank for your reply, and yes it was my mistake i want to say "Match" instead of "Compare" but well yesterday i translate my formula wrong, sorry.

And well like i said to Niraj, i have 2 input controls but before to choose my selection on them i have a prompt and in that prompt i could choose those two months to make my comparison that i want to display like the image that i attached before but the problem is that it doesn't matter if in my second query option i choose the month number 7, 8 or 9 or X number, when i run my report in both places display the option that i chose for my first query.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Victor,

I guess i got your issue the reason is in the bold part of your code below.

ElseIf (IsNull(ReportFilter([Consulta 2].[Month])))

When you select All Values the ReportFilter() is not going to be null instead its going to bring in all the possible options available for [Consulta 2].[Month] seperated by ";".

So you need to let us know the logic or tweak the logic as given below.

ElseIf (Pos(ReportFilterSummary();"No Filter")<>0)

Let me know if this helps

Regards

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Niraj

Thank you for your response, i used your formula but isn't solve my problem.

The thing is that i have two input controls, in one i have 6 months and the other i have 7 months.

The first one works because when i choose "All Values" it displays "June Acumulado 2015" but when i choose the second input control it displays the same text! and it's wrong because i need to display "july acumulado 2015".

I attached a picture just in case it would help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check the dependency of your Input Control? It should be relevant to the blocks which you want to be impacted.

Regards

Niraj