Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 4.1 Fail-over Architecture

abdussamad_peera
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

If I wanted to setup BO architecture with 100% fail-over compliance.  I would have;

2 Tomcat app machines

2 Intel machines

2 Processing machines

What else would I need to consider? 

Thanks

Abdul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190982
Active Participant
0 Kudos

To achive failover at BI level you can

1. Cluster 2 machines: That is have 2 bo machines running CMS  using one same CMS DB.

In this case, if one CMS goes down, other will take the charge automcatically.

2.  You can create a DR server where you can periodicically replicate the PROD contents.

3. Keep a regular backup of CMS DB and FILESTORE , so that you will be able to restore to the last well known  configuration .

You can also cluster the 2 web applicaion server to achive failover and load balancing

Regards,

RVS

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer the following links for additional information:

BI platform 4.0 cluster configuration - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Hope this helps.

-Renu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abdul,

Some questions first:

1. Will you use the BO Clustering functionality? (Active-Active Setup)
  2. Will you try to implement a Disaster-Recovery environment which will be periodically synchronized with the Production environment? (Active-Passive Setup)
  3. Where will you place the CMS & Audit databases? (locally to BO installation or on a dedicated DB Server)
  4. Will you place a load-balancer in front of Tomcat Application Servers?

Thanks,

ilias

abdussamad_peera
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ilias,

Yes, to all your questions.

3 - We will use existing Oracle DB for CMS and Audit.

4 - We will load balance the tomcat but what's the best way to do load balancing

beside Apache webserver?  How do you load balance with a virtual IP and how do

you set it up (like do you need or not need a physical server for VIP)? 

Abdul