Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion Unicode System to Non-Unicode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone;

I need  know how do conversion from unicode system to non-unicode. Possible errors on customizing and programming, in system.

It's posible?

Thanks for you atention and coments.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

as far as I know it is not possible with standard settings in the system copy tools.

Technically it might be possible when executing R3LOAD manually (see SAP note 2148354), but this will be by no way supported by SAP. Please note that as of NW 7.5 based systems, Unicode is the only option (see SAP note 1322715 - topic 6).

This raises the question why do you want to do a conversion from Non-Unicode to Unicode ?

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

0 Kudos

Hi Nils,

The customer was not very accurate about it, and our consulting services was not sure I could do the conversion or possible. It was all a misunderstanding. Finally we have managed to make the conversion in accordance with best practices.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Mario Santana

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

a conversion from Unicode to Non-Unicode is officially not possible and supported using the standard SAP scenarios. Please also refer to the section "Restriction" in the Unicode Conversion Guide :

• Conversion from Unicode to non-Unicode is not possible.

Best regards,
Andreas

0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Mario.