cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS & S/4 HANA 1511 Release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts, the company I work for is currently moving to HANA platform in the cloud (HEC). Moreover we will naturally switch from ECC 6.0 to the S/4 HANA soon. According to the S/4 HANA 1511 release notes the ITS technology is considered as old/obsolete. We nowadays have a few applications developed using such feature and the problem is that I did not find any additional documentation about such obsolescence and what should be the replacement technology in this case. I really appreciate your inputs on this subject matter. Thanks! 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

If you are referring to SAP note 2207278 (ITS services for quality certificate, results recording, and quality notification removed), then it is not telling that the ITS technology is old/obsolete. It tells that some particular services, using IAC, were replaced by Fiori-based applications.

The ITS itself is present in all Netweaver releases, including in S/4 HANA on premise AND on HEC.

The ITS technology is, in fact, also evolving. In the past, the WEBGUI was used based on templates. Nowadays the ITS uses the Unified Rendering engine. "Unified" because one rendering engine is uses by different SAP UI technologies.

There are other products that are dependent on the ITS, e.g. the SAP Screen Personas, a product that is a key part of SAP's Run Simple approach.

So, personally I don't see that the ITS will vanish any time soon. 🙂

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Cris

Message was edited by: Oisin ONidh - Add note link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christiano

the chapter 2.1.16.3 from

http://uacp.hana.ondemand.com/http.svc/rc/PRODUCTION/pdfa4322f56824ae221e10000000a4450e5/1511%20000/... 

has to be corrected by SAP so the formulated sentence is more clear and would not mislead.

Can you address this issue internally at SAP?

BR

Kairat Alaichiev

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

further to Cris's reply. See also the note

2264828 - End of support for template based WebGUI in SAP Netweaver releases 7.00 and 7.01 regarding End of Support for the WEBGUI (JULEP) or WEBGUI based on templates.

As Cris states:

There are other products that are dependent on the ITS, e.g. the SAP Screen Personas

See for example the following Personas Power Play video

Productivity Power Play video series – How SAP Fiori and SAP Screen Personas Fit Together

I hope this is useful.

Regards,

Oisin