cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Printer installation to everyone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Does anyone know how to export Crystal Printer installed on everyones computer as a SCCM Package? We have the printControl.cab file but we do not have any instructions on how we can expoert this as a SCCM package for everyone. Please help! We need this because most of the users do not have administrative rights so we need to create a SCCM package. we are not having any luck for doing this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mahitha, this SCN Space concerns Crystal Reports software. For detailed description please check the note on the Overview.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Thank You, this is regarding Crystal Printer providing it as a package to everyone in the company. This must have been a case in many other companies. I just wanted to know if anyone faced this issue before. Thank you!

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah. I doubt anyone here will be able to help with a Crystal Printer. But a good try

Good luck figuring this out,

- Ludek

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

, I think she's talking about the installer for the ActiveX Print Control that's part of the SDK or BO - not a "Crystal"-brand printer.

Is there a way to push printControl.cab out to users who have no Admin rights on their workstations?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Dell, That's the one I am talking about...do you know anyway I can do that please?

0 Kudos

Hi Mahitha,

What you need to do is search Microsoft's site on how to, here's a link to get you started:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb693754.aspx

CR just needs Admin rights because registering ActiveX controls require admin rights, usually. How that is done is up to your IT guys or Microsoft assistance if you don't have IT guys to configure the SCCM process.

You will need to give users rights to use the ActiveX PrintControl.dll once it's installed as well.

There was a version of our ActiveX Viewer that did not require registering and I've ask DEV previously if this was possible and they are looking into it, but low on the list of things to do.

So I create and Enhancement request in Idea Place:

https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_list.bix?c=9B553FA1-F055-41AC-B9DF-08D3F9BC684A

Please vote it up....

Thanks

Don