cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PD 16.5 RTF report question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm working with the new PD16.5 report editor to generate an RTF report and I'm running into an issue that I cannot seem to get around.

I don't have any issues generating the report the problem is when I open it in MS word.  I have been updating the table of contents field and the diagrams appear in the table of contents.

I have determined that the diagram picture is being formatted using "heading 1" which automatically gets added to the TOC.  If I change the formatting to normal the TOC looks correct.

I just cannot figure out how to adjust what formatting is applied to the diagram image.

Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated.

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

In my output, the diagram appears to use Heading 3.

Regardless, you can alter it to use Normal, as that is not included in the TOC by default in Word.

You can also change the definition of the TOC in Word to specify which heading levels to include in the TOC.  If you right-click on the

'The 'Table of Contents' field needs to be updated!'

you can toggle the field code to see:

{ TOC \o "1-4" \h \z \u }

This shows that the TOC will include headings 1-4 in the TOC creation.  You can change this to something like 1-2 to leave out the diagrams (in my case at least).  Then toggle, F9 and F2 to generate.

Selecting the object in the report window and setting 'Show Content in HTML TOC' does not work here, so it might be worth an SAP incident to request the feature be extended to RTF output, or at least allow the Style to define whether to include an object in the TOC.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Between Chris's suggestion and alot of trial and error, I was able to get this resolved by adding "section" objects into the report to break it up.  It isn't perfect but is an acceptable workaround.

Tim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a lot of reports and with the upgrade to V16.5 a lot of issues with very strange application of styles and no apparent way to deal with it. In the past, I generated the rtf and then did a bit of cleanup and generated the ToC in the Word doc.

What I ended up doing was created a template that essentially gets rid of the application of all styles and then doing slightly more fixing on the resultant rtf. This was because items that were about 3 levels down in the hierarchy were getting Header 1 styles and other strange things like that. At least with no styles, I find myself just adding styles to the output instead of getting rid of generated ones + adding the styles I need.

Bruce