Issue in update manager - Blank tax codes show up when the tax regime is 'S'

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has released a note 2295226 to fix this issue, we have
applied the note but the problem still exits. So in our test system we have
deleted the forms and imported them again using the polling program, this time
the tax forms that have tax regime as 'S' have tax codes correctly (I mean they
are not blank). My question is what should we do in production system? I don't
think we can delete the forms and import them again like we did in test system.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a solution and SAP also suggested the same.

Since our issue is with P9 forms, we have to login into HMRC's 'gov gateway website for employers' and sort all P9s to find out which form was the last form that we need to keep and note down the HWM (High Water mark) number mentioned on the form. Then change the entry in table T5GEFHWM against P9 record to show this number. Delete unwanted P9s from Update manager (that has effective date as 6th April 2016 and after - these are the forms that we have to import again) and run the polling program. The polling program would then check the HWN numbers (for P6, P9, SL1 and SL2) from the table T5GEFHWM and import all forms starting from the next HWN numbers into Update Manager; the table T5GEFHWM will be updated with the latest HWN numbers (That is with the HWN numbers of last imported P6, P9, SL1 and SL2).

So we now have re-imported the deleted P9s along with importing any latest ones.

Thanks

viswanathappa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Should I get the HWM number from HMRC?

Where can I find the number?

Thank you

Viswa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viswa,

Ask your payroll administrator, that person will have access to HMRC desktop viewer or can login into government gateway website for employers.

He / she can then look up all the tax code forms received from HMRC, sort all P9s that has effective date as 6th April 2016 and look for the one before that date, open that form and she should be able to see the high water mark number.

I am assuming you don't have any issues with P6 forms because I think you wouldn't have received any P6 forms yet in the new tax year.

Thanks

viswanathappa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dharanee

Thank you

Yes we have issue with P9 forms only.

The thing is we have multiple Tax districts and references, so we need to find the HWN for each individual and then update the table?

Can you please let me know the table name to change the HWN number? The table provided above doesn't open in SM30.

Thank you

Viswa

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Viswa,

The table name is T5GEFHWM, there is no table maintenance for this table so you cannot use SM30. Create entry against P9 record only in this table using SE11 in Development system and include it in transport request, then transport it to test and live systems.

Since you have issue with P9s, create entries for P9s only in the table so only those records can be transported.

Thanks

Sudhir

viswanathappa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir/Dharanee

We have taken the HWN number of the record with date of issue 16th March 2016 Eg: 62890851 and changed the table entry to 62890850.

Now we have processed the polling for only P9 forms. What we observed is the job has not processed all the error records in Update manager.

Could you please let me know if I am missing something here?

Thank you

Viswa

viswanathappa
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help.

I have sorted the issue. The problem is I have access issue and so could not update all the records.

Now updated all IT0065 records.

Regards,

Sriviswanath

Answers (0)