Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy from Different Client Server

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Hope all of you are doing well.

I first time post one query to the Basis Experts, hope you will understand it and support me.

We have implement SAP at client X, and after that in process of implement the standard SAP at client Y, both are the sister concern companies.

For building the Client Production system our Basis team copy the client X QAS system on client Y PRD, with out customization of client X and transnational data.

But with all the Z reports, enhancement/modifications.

I don't feel this is a right practice.

I ask to the gurus to share there expertise on this, or any SAP note that support me in this regard.

I feel my self that because of this system might have the inconsistency etc...

Looking for the gurus feedback.

regards,

imran khan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Hope you are doing well. I could give the following guidelines for the client copy in general.

1. To do client copy between two different systems, it is recommended that both the systems are in same SAP release and SPS level to avoid inconsistencies in the client copy

2. It is not recommended to do client copy/refresh from development/quality system to production system. We can do client copy/refresh from PRD to QAS or DEV(Client specific data) system

3. If you want to move all the configurations from DEV to PRD, please use TR import. you can use transport of copy to merge all the TRs together and move but workbench and customizing requests should not be merged together.

4. Since it is cross landscape TRs movement, you can set unconditional mode to ignore the component mismatch option

If you have any queries, Please let me know.

Thanks,

Pradeep

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

"For building the Client Production system our Basis team copy the client X QAS system on client Y PRD, with out customization of client X and transnational data."

Is you SAP landscape 3-system landscape. Dev (ClientX and Client Y) , Qas (Client X) and Prod (Client Y on which Client X copied w/o tx data).

Can you clarify, please?

For client copy over a client you can check below help document and info.

As you could see in Copy Profiles - Change and Transport System - SAP Library document "The customizing and application data is deleted in the target client before copying for all profiles except SAP_USER. This is technically unavoidable."

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

former_member301027
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Yuksel AKCINAR,

I am a functional consultant no idea about Basis deails.

yes client X have its own landscap dev, qas and PRD, and client Y have its own landscap dev, qas and PRD..

Our basis consultant copy clint X QAS to Client Y PRD, thats my question that is it a right way, have any disadvantage.

looking for your feedback.

regards,

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

As I wrote in my previous answer client copy deletes the target client's data unless you select SAP_USER profile. So in your Client Y on PRD system only Client X QAS data can be seen. Old Client Y PRD data is deleted anymore.

Check Copy Profiles - Change and Transport System - SAP Library document "The customizing and application data is deleted in the target client before copying for all profiles except SAP_USER. This is technically unavoidable."

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR