cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJIA and Vendor Down Payments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SCN,

I´m the FI/CO consultant in our company and we have no resident PS consultant. We use CJIA for Project Cash Flow, monitoring the process from purchase requisition to vendor clearing.

The purchase requisition starts at 50, purchase order turns to 51, invoicing turns to 54.

In the usual process the down payment request (F-47) the amount shows up in value category (VC) 58, when we post the down payment (F-48) it goes to VC 61, when we clear the down payment in F-54 it goes to VC 63.

When we clear the vendor invoice with the cleared down payment the amounts leave VC 63 and VC 54 and go to VC 57.

In our understanding this is the usual flow of things.

Our problem happens when we use the Partners functions on the purchase order for alternative good supplier and invoicing party (this partner is also registered as an alternative payee in the original vendor´s master data).

When this happens we hit a snag on the vendor clearing part of the process. As we have a cleared down payment in one vendor and the invoice on another. When I use F-30 to transfer the cleared down payment to the invoice vendor and clear the invoice with the downpayment the system fails to do the usual value categories shift.

It keeps the amount of the cleared downpayment on VC 63 and changes the whole invoice amount from 54 to 57, even if it is a partial clearing.

What am I doing wrong? In my opinion the process breaks down when I transfer the cleared down payment to the invoice vendor using F-30, but how else can I do this clearing?

P.S. I also tried transfering the invoice to the vendor with the cleared down payment, but the results were the same, no control of partial payment/clearing and the cleared down payment remaining in VC 63.

Thank you in advance for your time and attention.

Regards,

Thiago Gueiros

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

I would contact SAP on this question.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Warren,

Thank you for your suggestion. It appears this is a very specific matter and few people have been exposed to it.

If anyone has a different experience in dealing with this process I would be interested in hearing about it.

Regards,

Thiago Gueiros