cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export and Import transport request between different version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to export and Import transport request between different versions?

Now I m planning to export all my request from ECC5.0 to ECC6.0, Is it possible?

If not whts the solution?pls kindly guide me on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tjk,

As far as I'm aware you cannot transport master data such as materials, customers and vendors via transport requests, unless BC sets provides this functionality. I cannot see any transport object in our ECC5 system that represents master data. Do you have the export log available so that we can see what's actually being exported from your ECC5 system ? Also, an object list from SE10/SE01 would be helpful. What is the history behind this activity ? Is this part of an upgrade project ? I'm just trying to understand what your trying to achieve by this method of copying your master data.

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tjk,

Could you please explain exactly what you're trying to transport between systems ? It's not normal to export/import master data via transports. Normally, only customising and development objects are transported this way. Could you tell me what transport objects are contained in the transport that you're having problems with.

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

) Actualy we have activated BCsets ans ECATT. After that we got around 2000 transport requests,We bundled all the requesst and relased in ECC5.0.Now I have tried to export all this transport request to ECC6.0,If I check in the Target system(ECC6.0) no Master datas like Material master,customer master,vendor master details in ECC6.0( material no,customer no,vendor no whch is available in Ecc5.0)

2) I have bundled all the request under one request using Include option.after that I realesed as a single request.Is it Correct way?

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tjk,

Please see SAP note 454321 "Transports between Basis Release 6.* and 7.*". This note suggests there are no known problems.

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried to transport.Its not throughing any error but no Master datas are transported from ECC5 to ECC6.do u have any idea?