cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Business System Mandatory for IDOC_AAE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing an issue .I am integrating two ECC systems to single PI using IDOC_AAE.

Unfortunately two ECC systems have same client,Sys ID, Logical System Name .So While Importing Business Systems in ID, only it is allowing one business system and It is not allowing to import other one as   both business systems  properties are same.

Is it possible to have scenario without Business System for IDOC_AAE. Can I go for Business Service?

Please help.

Reagrds,

Tibin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tibin

You can't have two ECC systems with exactly same System ID, client number and logical system name in the same PI landscape. Refer to SAP's reply in a similar issue just yesterday.

Re: Not Able to Activate Business System in ID

And switching to Business Service will not work too. Essentially the IDoc adapter depends on the logical system name configured in the Business System/Service, and it won't allow you to create a Business Service with the same logical system name - it won't activate, and you cannot leave it blank if you use IDoc adapter.

Regards

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eng Swee,

You are right.I have tried with Business service without giving the Adapter specific parameters and it doesn't worked.So for IDOC_AAE Logical system is mandatory.Even if we use business service , we need to provide all business system details.

Regards,

Tibin Joseph

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that is the correct behavior. So to summarise, you can't have two systems with same Sys ID, client and logical system name.

Please close the thread if you have no further queries on this matter.

Answers (0)