cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress only the maximum line value

former_member275473
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a report that I am filtering out certain values. In the details section I would like to only show the highest valued that is associated with the highest line. I have tried the suppress option in Selection Expert>Suppress (No Drill-Down) and put in this formula:

if {NOTE_EDIT_TRAIL.LINE} <> maximum({NOTE_EDIT_TRAIL.LINE}) then true

else false

This will suppress values that should not be suppressed. I think what is happening is there are higher values associated to the record that I am filtering out in my Select Expert. Should I use a whileprintingrerords formula?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

Here's what you can try:

1) Insert a Group on a primary key field

2) Go to the Record Sort Expert and insert a 'Descending' sort on the LINE field

3) Place all fields on the Group Header

4) Suppress the Details section

-Abhilash

former_member275473
Participant
0 Kudos

Abhilash,

Thanks for the reply. I created a group on the line, right clicked on the group>Change Group Options>Set in descending order>placed all fields in the group and suppressed details section.  I am still seeing records that are lower than the first one being displayed. I originally went down this road but any way to suppress records that don't equal the max line?

Example:

I am seeing records starting with line 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1. I only want to see line 6 or what ever is the highest line.

former_member275473
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry Abhilash,

I went into the Group instead of what you told me to do up in the Record Sort Expert. Once I added in the line field>Descending it worked...Thanks for your help!

Answers (0)