cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction/ Authorization at attribute level for Object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My current client is in Rental business for Vehicles. So we are maintaining vehicles as Objects and we added few attributes and corresponding attributes created attribute set and assigned Attribute sets at Category level. But during life cycle of the vehicle/ object user will enter data in the attribute level. Few data will be non changeable after its entered first time(country/ number plate number) and few attributes will be changed with life cycle of the object, like (insurance policy number). Again we want to restrict changeable attributes for user wise. For few user its non editable and few users its editable.

Like in the picture Vehicle Insurance related data can be changed by only who is responsible for creating Insurance but not for others. Kindly give some input.

Regards,

Roy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kapilpatil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer below.

Make a field Dynamically Mandatory - Custom Solution

Dynamic display of mandatory field

Implement GET_P method for the WEB UI attribute which you want to implement conditions as per your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

Thanks for your reply. But my requirement is bit different. From the image you can see that one attribute set called Vehicle Insurance data. I want to restrict that attribute set to few user to edit. Other user can view Vehicle Insurance data but can not edit it. Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Roy

kapilpatil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

If your requirement is to restrict access(edit/display) for custom product set type on WEB UI, then you can create a custom authorization object which can be used to disable the edit button on web ui. Whichever user have this auth object assigned will be able to edit and others can only display.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kapil