cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple ECC system integration with one APO system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a scenario where we need to integrate multiple ECC systems with single APO system. All ECC system have same material codes but different location codes. As there are different ECC systems for different regions. Given this scenario we will have integration of master data and transaction data with all three ECC systems but for different locations. Given this scenario is it possible to use only one BSG for all three ECC system ? I know using Multiple BSG is a safe approach but i need to understand potential risks we may encounter if we use onr BSG in this case , as location codes are different in this case. Appreciate your suggestions. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dharmesh,

A BSG can consists of more than one source systems as per design. But if you look at /SAPAPO?MATMAP table the key fields are Client/Product/Product type/BSG and this is linked to the Logical System in the same table. Now if you have one BSG and same material is there in both the R/3 systems then there will be a conflict. Same with the //LOCMAP table.

So my thinking is you can have multiple ECC with one BSG if products AND locations are mutually exclusive in both the systems.

If you have same products in both system then use different BSG same for locations...

Regards,

Abhishek