cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If the company currently does not have SAP APO which functionalities can they leverage in S/4 HANA?

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have recently started exploring & reading about SAP S/4 HANA  - Simple Logistics.

We may have cases wherein our clients does not have SAP APO but still would wish to utilize SAP S/4 HANA product.

Need to know all such features of HANA S/4 which clients can leverage irrespective of SAP APO in current business environment.

Thanks.

Shubham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

As far as I understand: firstly SAP APO, CRM, BI which were earlier treated as separate or extensions will all be under one umbrella and in one server-S4 HANA and I believe part of the licence of S4 HANA.

Secondly, SAP customers might loose out on some of the smart features that are offered as S4 HANA integrated with APO- for example:

ATP functionality will not be part of the SD anymore it'll be part of GATP & Flow manufacturing works in unison with APO.

It really depends on what is your client's industry and if they're already on SAP without APO--maybe they need to check the simplification list on functionalities that will be discontinued.

However, if APO is part of S4 HANA you may want to convince your client to utilize it.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Raghu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Thanks for the points..

Is Simple Logistics officially released by SAP as a part of 1511 On Premise Edition?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes for clients, no for training/certification purposes yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The term "simple logistics" is not used any more by SAP, because it's part of S/4 HANA Enterprise Management 1511.

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yes I agree on that..

Any detailed information available specifically on Logistics offering as a part of 1511 edition..

I have read maximum info  provided by SAP in various forums..

Has the Cook book revised version released??