cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SAP BO] Drill down with ranking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I need to know if it is possible to do a drill down with a raking on Business Object.

In my case, i have the turnover of each BU for the year 2016 for example, i want to use the ranking to have only the top 10 of turnovers, and in the same time to use a drill down to have results by months.

My problem that is works for the years, but when i explore by months it does not works.

Thank you for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soufiane,

How have you defined the rank measure? You would have used logic something like:

=Rank ([Turnover measure];[Year];Top)

Is it correct? If yes, then it is calculating the rank with respect of [Year]. Drilling down will change the dimension to [Month] and ranking might get affected.

Workaround #1:

An idea can be:

- Remove drilling.

- Create another query for Month data and put prompt on Year value.

- Create another tab 'Month' in same report.

- Create block with Month , turnover measure and rank (applied w.r.t. month).

- Put a hyper link in Year column in first tab 'Year' as follows:

< a href= '../../opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocID=<<CUID>>&sIDType=CUID&sType=wid&sReportName=Month&sWindow=Same> [Year] </a>

- Define the first column as "Read content as Hyperlink" inside Properties.

- Once this link will be clicked, the Year value will be passed to 'Month' tab & you will get monthly data with proper ranking.

It is just an idea as I have not tried it practically!!

Workaround #2:

You may also use DrillFilter () and define the Rank function. Something like:

=If ( DrillFilter([Month]) = <<Year_value>> ) Then =Rank ([Turnover measure];[Year];Top)

Else Rank ([Turnover measure];[Month];Top)

Hope it will help in some way.

Regards,

Yuvraj

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soufiane,

Would you be able to attach few pics with sample data? Those pics should be able to answer the below questions, so we can help you better.

1. How does the report look like (to begin with) before drilling down?
  2. What column(s) will you be drilling on?
  3. How would that table look after drilling?

Thanks,

Mahboob Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Soufiane,

Please see if below link can help you. Meanwhile if it is possible could you please send a screen shot of raw data so that I can reproduce the same at my end and suggest you appropriate solution.

Regards

Niraj