cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat file - InfoObject Numc values don't load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a characteristic infoprovider and assigned as attributes several IOs (ID (NUMC) and some other attributes (CHAR)) to load master data attributes from flat files (CSV). The thing is that when I display data at the characteristic infoprovider it shows that all the data is loaded. However, when I go to the specific attributes of this char. infoprovider, only in CHAR-type infoobjects are values. In the NUMC-type infoobjects, there are no values.

Again, I can see all the NUMC and CHAR infoobjects' values  when I display the data in the Characteristic InfoProvider, but the problem is when I maintain specific attribute infoobjects, only the CHAR infoobject values are loaded. The NUMC are not.

This happens when I load master data to characteristic infoprovider. When I load to a DSO then everything is fine. Does anybody know the reason why?

Thank you.

Regards,

Regys M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is clear that you are loading a master data (atttribute) to some xxx infobject, and also you can see both char and numeric attribute values when you display data of xxx infoobject.

however, the below statement is not clear, are you trying to load master data for the (navigational) attributes ?can you explain further?

but the problem is when I maintain specific attribute infoobjects, only the CHAR infoobject values are loaded. The NUMC are not.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

thanks for your reply. Yes Im trying to load master data for some ID columns and some navigational attributes columns. But when I check each attribute(IO), only in the ones that are in char type are loaded data. Not in the ones that are NUMC.

This happens when I select Char. Infoprovider. When I do the loading to a DSO of this master data, then everything is like I want it.

hope this helps.

Thanks,

Regys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But when I check each attribute(IO), only in the ones that are in char type are loaded data. Not in the ones that are NUMC.

info-object data type NUMC is a char or a key figure? and when you say check each attribute, you are checking the master data (right click info-object and choose master data) ? have you check whether master data/text table enabled for those ?

When I do the loading to a DSO of this master data, then everything is like I want it.

you might added all attributes (incl navigational/char objects with NUMC data type) to DSO, that is why you see data for all those objects. when it comes to info-object.. you need to check it info-provider(master data) not individual objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

info-object data type NUMC is a char or a key figure? and when you say check each attribute, you are checking the master data (right click info-object and choose master data) ? have you check whether master data/text table enabled for those ?

IO data type NUMC is a characteristic. Yes im checking the the master data. Yes also the master data/text table is enabled for each of the IO data type NUMC.

you might added all attributes (incl navigational/char objects with NUMC data type) to DSO, that is why you see data for all those objects. when it comes to info-object.. you need to check it info-provider(master data) not individual objects.

yes this is my concern. I was wondering whether  I am doing something wrong. I copied the flat file to new file and other actions but its again the same result.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Regys

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you send the screen shot of which info-object are you loading via flat file, and in which attribute/nav attribute you can't view the values?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

Sorry, but I cannot share the screen for the attributes of the Characteristic Infoprovider.  However, the point is that attributes that are NUMC type dont hold any values, when I check on (Maintain master data). Only the Char type attributes hold values. They hold values only when I display data in the Char. Infoprovider.

The definition of the NUMC type attributes that dont hold the values is as follows:

Thanks,

Regys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Regys,

characteristic info-object type NUMC, do hold values, does your object has "with master data/with text" check box ticked?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, the master data/text box is checked. I thought so too, but I don't know why it doesn't. As I said before, if I select as InfoProvider a DSO, then after loading each of these NUMC infoobjects can hold value. But when I select characteristic infoprovider then it is doesn't hold.

Maybe its an error with my flat file? or maybe at the settings of the datasource all the columns coming from the flat file should be marked as external?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if I select as InfoProvider a DSO, then after loading each of these NUMC infoobjects can hold value. But when I select characteristic infoprovider then it is doesn't hold.

after loading flat file to DSO, can you see values from NUMC object ? ( on object level-->right click-->master data) not in DSO level?

column setting as "internal" should be fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

after loading flat file to DSO, can you see values from NUMC object ? ( on object level-->right click-->master data) not in DSO level?

yes I can see them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, you loaded the same flat file to both info-object (as infoprovider ) and to DSO , in that case, you will see same values in NUMC object type..

to test, simply delete dso data and info-object master data , later try to load only master data and see the values in NUMC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

I tried this and it didnt work still. I dont know what is the reason behind actually.

Thanks for your suggestions though.

Regards,

Regys

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmm.. I am running out of clues.. lastly.. try activating master data and then check the NUMC data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that too and still didnt work.

Thanks thou,

Regys