cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BO Design Studio - many problems to get started

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

next to Crystal Reports or Analysis for Office, we have now started to more investigate the opportunities of Design Studio. To be honest, after 1 week the frustration level is rather high as we are not able to come to reasonable work with the tool.

Installation was simple but problems arised immediately when creating a new application.

First: It's Design Studio Release 1.6 Version 16.0.5. Corresponding BIP Add-On has been installed.

Java Version 7 , Eclipse Mars Release 4.5.2

The problems occur when you work with the SAP BO BI Platform.

The overall working behavior with the tool is like playing lottery.

While creating the first application we got the "Invalid Chunk header"-error.

When we saw an SCN-discussion about SAP note 2280398 and followed direction. Yes, then we were able to create ONE new application. Trying to create another one failed and fails since then again.

The failure messages varies, sometimes it's the already mentioned "Invalid Chunk header"-error., sometimes it's an "org.apache.axiom.om.OMException: Parse error". I cannot tell you when which error message pops up. For me this seems to be by accident.

Deinstallations/reinstallations of Design Studio didn't help.

As I said above, luckily enough, we got one application created. We were trying to play around with it, bit it's hard to work with it because the mentioned errors/problems arise very often (depending what you try to do).

For example, uploading a custom CSS-file is also not working (Chunk header failure),

Saving the application is only working when you click somewhere outside the charts (otherwise you run into the "parse error".

And ... in my error log I see many many "Failed to retrieve SAP assertion ticket" errors (which I have no idea where to put these logs).

So ... any ideas from you people of what I can do to get this software running. ?

Thanks

Heiko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello - I am sorry to hear this

I would try installing SP1 of Design Studio 1.6 - you are on the first version of 1.6 and generally those are not as stable as the patches

If you are new to Design Studio I recommend trying to use the "Ready to Run" templates first and then move on to build your own applications

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tammy,

good idea, but no effect. Same issues as beforehand.

By the way, when executing the one application on the BI platform it's not working (no error messages, just running, running, ....... and trying to display the chart(s)).

Locally it's working fine. Therefore we have the impression it has something to do with the BI platform and/or the apache server. But we have no ideas where to look and start to investigate.

Heiko

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Heiko - was the Design Studio BI platform add-on in installed?  Which version of the BI platform are you using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tammy, yes the add-on has been installed. Version 1.6.

Heiko

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Community member has a similar thread here: Failed to create the application Design Studio 1.6 | SCN

You can try to update the BI platform with SP1 1.6 Design Studio, or open an incident with SAP Support. I am not familiar with Kaspersky antivirus

There's another related note to look at here: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2259364/E