Making BPC Production System non-modifiable for configurations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We've a client which has 3 BPC systems:

• DEV Development
  • TEST Testing
  • PROD Production

We would first setup in DEV and transport to TEST for testing.

Once UAT has passed, the config will be transport to PROD system.

However, we noticed that a user with full task profile can still amend logic scripts, business rules, data access profile etc.. in PROD system.

Is there a way to "lock" or make the system not modifiable for such config settings?

I know one way is to restrict the user's authorization in task profile but is there a general setting which can lock the PROD system from being changed?

Changing of dimensions are ok but logic scripts, business rules changes should be made non-modifiable.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can set system to "No changes allowed" in SCC4, but it's not going to protect from all changes - only structural changes.

For data changes are Task Profiles and DAPs.

0 Kudos

Limiting the task profiles is the only way I am aware of.

It is common to maintain a number of the config settings in production e.g. Data Access Profiles, Team assignments, Business rules etc.

If Data Access Profiles are to be maintained in Dev then the dimension master data in Dev would need to be a full and complete copy of Production. This may require the Master data in any underlying ECC systems to also be complete in Dev.

Regards

Laurence

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"I know one way is to restrict the user's authorization in task profile" - this is the correct way!