Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross company code settlement not working for WBS Element

sanjay_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to set the settlement rule to settle the costs to an asset from a different company code (4506) than the WBS company code (5322). I have set the different company code in the requesting company code field of the WBS element.

However when i enter the asset number belonging to the different company code in the WBS element's settlement rule i get the following error message :-

Company code 4506 is not assigned to CO area CA3

Message no. KI203

Why this error is popping up?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

You can configure cross-company code postings in CO only if both companies belong to the same CO Area.

Regards,

Paulo

sanjay_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is strange because under the requesting cost center i can see i can select a different controlling area since there is a field provided for the controlling area. Hence i thought controlling area should not matter for requesting company code too. Is it not the case?

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not the case.  Requesting Cost Center field has no standard functionality behind it except for reporting and it can be from any CO Area/Company Code.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

the two companies should belong to same Controlling Area. Also for cross company settlements.. the FI should allow such transactions..

From your error it seems the second company code is not in the same controlling area.. Please take help from your FICO colleagues to get it corrected..

from PS side you cannot resolve this issue..

Regards

Sammar

sanjay_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes they belong to 2 different controlling areas. In this case what will be the solution to still use the cross company code postings in WBS elements?

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I dont think you can change the Controlling area at the WBS level..

I think you should be looking at Service Order route to get the cost booking across two different entities..

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Unfortunately, this is not supported by SAP, refer below notes related.

Refer below info from SAP

Cross-Company Code Projects - Release Notes for Release 3.0A - SAP Library

Also refer below notes

MM-IM-GF-COBL1095113

Cross Company Code Postings

107293 - FAQ: cross-company-code cost accounting

2131205 - KI203: Company code & is not assigned to CO area &

You can very well raise a OSS note to SAP which you can inform your client on the business concepts.

Regards

Terence