cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create reminders for Sales Quote approvals?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a customer that would like a reminder send to the approver if a sales quote has been awaiting approval for 8 days after submission.

I have created the approval process and tried to create a workflow rule for this reminder, but there is no event that makes is possible to schedule the workflow rule based on the submission of the sales quote.

I also looked into this (see below), but I don't think that can trigger an email or a new notification - simply just change the task priority. I am not sure how to benefit from this function, as an approval process only triggers either a notification or an email? This seems to be task related?

Do you have any suggestion on how to be able use the above to create reminders on awaiting approvals or do you have a whole other suggestion?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try creating an MDR which will be having the logic of getting the quotes having submission date > 8 days + approver's email id. Also, You can generate the reminder emails form the MDR itself

0 Kudos

Hi Maya,

You could set a Workflow rule on Sales Quote BO, with timing as "Scheduled". In the Event, you can provide the field "Changed on". Further, the relative time could be after 8 days. Please refer below screenshot.

If you note, the field "Changed on" in Approval facet within Sales Quote is basically the submission date. Ofcourse, it could also mean, the approved date which might trigger additional mails. But, looks like this is the only possible way. Unfortunately, there is no Submission date captured in Sales Quote.

Regards,

Pavithran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavithran

Thank you for your quick reply. I hope you can be just as quick this time

I have tried testing what you suggested, but it doesn't work. I don't receive an email after the scheduled time defined in the workflow rule. Do you know what I might be doing wrong?

I have done the same as you did under basic data, and set below condition:

and created following action:

I have tried different recipient determination such as: Involved Party Approver, Reporting Line Manager, and tried adding a specific employee (my self) as well.

I have allowed MIME types in project scope to ensure the possibility to add HTML documents in the solution.

Thank you

Maya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Pavithran.

By coincidence I checked the email tab on another user in the system and I found the emails I have been waiting for - but unfortunately only in the system. I had hoped they would be send to my actual email inbox and not just in the system. Also I didn't get any nofication of the fact that I had received an email.

Even though I am the direct approver of the Approval process, I only received this email, when I added my self as 'Employee recipient' and not when I chose Involved Party Approver.

How can I receive the notification in my actual email inbox, and how can I ensure that it will be sent to the approver of the sales quote, so I don't have to define a specific employee as recipient in the workflow rule?

Thanks.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Maya