Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting records at mapping level

AbdulHammed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have developed a scenario from IDOC flat file to IDOC(CRREMAS). At sender side i'm using PGP to decrypt the file and to convert FCC module parameters. i'm getting more than 10k records in one file so they want me to split the records. for that i'm using recordset per message option in module parameters but it's not working. is there any option we at mapping level or any UDF.

can you please help me guys.

Thanks

Abdul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Edit: Praveen got to this a wee bit faster than me!

Hi Abdul

What type of splitting are you looking at?

If you want to split each record to a single IDoc at the receiver side, you can achieve this by multi-mapping. This can be done by setting the target occurrence for the IDoc message to unbounded and mapping accordingly - refer following

The recordset per message in the built-in FCC functionality of the adapter splits it into separate message at the sender side, and as mentioned by Praveen, is not possible using modules.

If your intention is to achieve splitting at the sender side (for whatever reason), you can split your scenario into two steps

Step 1: Decrypt PGP file and store in temporary file-system location

Step 2: Pick up from temporary file-system location and perform split using built-in FCC (instead of module), then map to target IDoc.

By the way, I just reread your question. You mentioned that source file is already an IDoc flat file, how do you intend to split it using FCC? Can you please confirm the format of the source file (after it is decrypted)?

Regards

Eng Swee

Message was edited by: Eng Swee Yeoh

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Splitting the message in the adapter module is not possible, because you already received single message from the source to PI using adapter, so record sets per message parameter will not work when you use FCC using adapter module.

Regards,

Praveen.

AbdulHammed
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks praveen for quick reply.

Is there any possibility with UDF cuz one file contains more than 10,000 records and each record creates one IDOC at ECC side.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

You can do 1: N multi mapping and change the IDOC occurence to 0..unbounded. check below blog

Regards,

Praveen.