Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom f4 help in alv grid columns with specific entries

tharun_kumar1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm displaying an alv grid with a list of materials for a plant and storage location entered in the selection screen. The columns are editable and f4 is enabled. I've used CL_GUI_alv_grid class.

The output results are stored in a z table. In this table, for the storage location fields, I've marked check table as T001L table and the search help of that table is automatically taken here. 

Now, in the f4 help of the grid, I only want the storage locations for the plant in the selection screen. Instead all storage locations are coming up. So, I created a new z search help and tried to attach this in the z table that I have created. I get an error here saying, assignment not possible. How can I fix this?

2 REPLIES 2

Ashg1402
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi tharun,

There is an event 'ONF4' in cl_gui_alv_grid, call the method 'REGISTER_F4_FOR_FIELDS' of this class and register this event for that column. Check the parameters of this method .

regards

ashish

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out the below threads for sample code and example:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b3d5e890-0201-0010-c0ac-bba85ec2...

Thanks,

Srikanth