cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read only access to Fiori apps

former_member293950
Participant
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to make the Fiori app Manage Journal Entries read only for some users.  I can get it to disable the Edit button, but it still allows users to post Reversals and Post New entries.  Does anyone know how we might accomplish this?

former_member682014
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

we have a similar requirement like providing read only access to Fiori App to some user.

could you please help me what roles you are configuring in the backend system.

you have mentioned that you have disabled Edit button so what condition you are checking before disabling it.

please elaborate in details.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member293950
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried making a role with read-only access to all things Financial, but the Reverse button would not gray out and stop working.  I'm going to assume then that I would need to create a custom version of the app for this to be achieved.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190010
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

I think there is no configuration parameter for doing that.

I think of two possible approaches:

1) Find an authorization object that is related with the reversals post, and assign it to some users and others not. When the users that don't have this authorization try to post a document, they will get an authorization error.

2) Modify the standard odata service that is in charge of doing the reversals post, and add a check point for some Authorization Object that some users may have and others not. All this should be done via enhancement points.

Anyway, let's wait to hear the opinion of other experts.

Best Regards,

Emanuel