Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect to Sales Force.Com data

former_member374954
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

We are trying to do a POC for Salesforce.com. We need to connect our BOBJ tools (IDT or UD) to Sales Force Data. I was following following link but got stuck at step 'G' as I don't see anyother option then OpenAccess ODBC driver for Salesforce)

SAP Business Objects Universe to Salesforce CRM, database...

Has anyone does this kind of connection and provide me steps?

Regards

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

I am not sure why you are going with that approach when IDT provides you direct access to SalesForce as a Database middleware as suggested by Ravi.

Could you please follow the instructions provided by Ravi and let us know if you are stuck somewhere?

Regards

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj

the problem is it looks like someone has deleted that wiki entry and replaced it with another that's suggesting buying new drivers from another company

I'm also interested in getting salesforce.com info into DesignStudio via IDT. I have 4 separate SFDC instances to integrate with SAP CRM data in a single dashboard.

thanks

former_member206070
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

We can directly connected with IDT.

For more information, please see this link.

SalesForce.com (SFDC) Reporting Connection In SAP BI 4.x For Web Intelligence - Business Intelligenc...

Regards,

Ravi

former_member374954
Participant
0 Kudos

I get following error if I directly try to connect:-

Ravi, I was following the exact steps offered in the link you provided. If you go to the link, there is another link 'Salesforce Middleware' I followed steps mentioned in there that's where I got stuck.

Prashant

former_member206070
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Please check, Is it a 32-bit Drivers in your system.I think If it is a 64-bit drivers it's not working .

Regards,

Ravi.

former_member374954
Participant
0 Kudos

its 32 bits driver.