cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC CREMAS04 for vendor master data

fisher_li
Participant
0 Kudos

We use a third party to maintain our vendor master information and they send us XML messages for vendor master data to our PI system 7.31.

If I map the vendor master XML message to IDOC CREMAS message type CREMAS04, will the IDOC CREMAS04 itself be enough to create or update the vendor master data in ECC?

Our current ECC system is SAP 701.

Do I still need to create the ADRMAS IDOC?

Thanks!

Fisher Li

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fisher

CREMAS alone is enough to create/update the vendor master in your ECC system. CREMAS IDoc also contains address fields which will be used to create the corresponding address record for the vendor.

Regards

Eng Swee

fisher_li
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Eng Swee!

When I tested and tried to create the vendor master with the CREMAS04 in T code WE19,  I got the error message, saying "Partner profile inbound not available".

My question will be:

Is there a field in CREMAS04 to indicate that this record is used for creating a new vendor?

Is MSGFN the field used to indicate that?

Thanks!

Fisher

fisher_li
Participant
0 Kudos

By the way, is there any link that I can read to see how to create a new vendor with CREMAS04?

Thanks!

Fisher

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fisher,

I believe that is decided based on the indicator field.

The key values are as below

I-insert,

U-update

D-delete

And for partner profile not found error ensure you created a partner profile in WE20 transaction.

ravicarpenter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

MSGFN is used in various segments of CREMAS to indicate create/change option:

MSGFN = 009 -> Creation

MSGFN = 004 -> Change.

To check various options available, go to WE31 for the required segment. Check the fields in segment definition. From there double click on the data element and then go to its domain and check the allowed values.

fisher_li
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ravi!

Do you know what function I should use to post the CREMAS04 IDOC when I used T code WE19 to test?

Fisher

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check this through t-code WE64. For CREMAS, you can use process code CRE1

ravicarpenter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

fisher_li
Participant
0 Kudos

I do not know IDOC CREMAS04, so I used T code BD14 to create a outbound CREMAS04 from one of our vendor.

Then I tried to create an inbound IDOC CREMAS04 by using T code WE19.

The fields under the segments E1LFA1M and E1LFB1M between the outbound CREMAS04 and inbound CREMAS04 are so different, I had difficult time to figure out what fields are required for the inbound CREMAS04.

After several trials, I got the error message "Trans. XK01 : CoCde not entered; company code area not being edited".

Where should I enter the CoCde and company code area in the inbound IDOC CREMAS04? I entered the company code in BUKRS under the E1LFBWM, but I still got the same error.

Thanks in advance!

ravicarpenter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My suggestions are as follows:

1. Create or ask a FI/MM functional person to create vendor with bare minimum fields in the foreground using XK01/FK01. While he enters the data..note down all the fields

2. Identify the corresponding fields in the IDoc

3. In WE19, enter these fields and mark MSGFN = 009 and trigger inbound processing

This way, mandatory data will not be missed and vendor will be created successfully. Some fields, if present, like language etc. can be passed explicitly in idoc

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

fisher_li
Participant
0 Kudos

I found one user exit  EXIT_SAPLKD01_001 under project VSV00001 (T code SMOD).

This one will work for me when I send vendors out as IDOC CREMAS04.

Thanks!

Fisher

fisher_li
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey, IDOC gurus,

I put statement break-point in the user exit EXIT_SAPLKD02_001 for my inbound IDOC CREMAS04.

When I post my inbound IDOC, the user exit was not triggered.

How can I trigger this user exit?

Thanks!

Fisher

ravicarpenter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you are testing internally, say using WE19 such break points would be effective. However, if you are using from outside ECC then you'll have to use external break point and set an appropriate user for external debugging in the settings. Also check if this exit is indeed called while posting the idoc.

fisher_li
Participant
0 Kudos

Eng Swee,

Thank you!

Do you know if there is an user exit for IDOC CREMAS04?

Fisher

fisher_li
Participant
0 Kudos

Ravi and Nitin,

Thank you for response.

I had to go to IMG -> SAP NetWeaver -> Application Server -> IDOC Interface/Application Link Enabling (ALE) -> Modeling and Implementing Business Process -> Global Organizational Units ->

Cross-System Company Codes to set up the  Global Company Code.

After I did that, I will not get the Cross-system company code error and I successfully created a vendor with IDOC CREMAS04.

Since we never have cross-system company code set up before, does any one know is there side effect for having cross-system company code? What does the cross-system company code do?

Thanks!

Fisher

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fisher

This IMG setting is only relevant to ALE/IDoc scenarios so there should be no side effect. You can read more about it by clicking the documentation icon next to the IMG activity.

Regards

Eng Swee

fisher_li
Participant
0 Kudos

Eng Swee,

Is it possible to change only one field (e.g NAME1) without to give all mandatory fields (like Account group, city, zipcode) in IDOC CREMAS04?

I use option E1LFA1M-MSGFN = 004 (change)

Thanks!

Fisher

ravicarpenter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You'll have to provide "/" (forward slash) in the fields in which you do not want to pass data. This indicates that the data is unchanged. For other changes pass data in relevant fields and set the MSGFN = 004

fisher_li
Participant
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Thank you very much for the wonderful tip!

It works!

Fisher

fisher_li
Participant
0 Kudos

Ravi and Eng Swee,

Thank you both.

Now I can send an xml message to our PI/XI system and map the xml message to IDOC CREMAS04 in PI, then send the IDOC to our ECC system.

The IDOC will fail and get an error "Cross-system company code 0011 does not exist".

But I can successfully create a vendor using the exactly same IDOC CREMAS04 with T code WE19 even I also got an error "Cross-system company code 0011 does not exist".

Do you guys know how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Fisher

ravicarpenter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Talk to your SAP FI functional team member. AFAIK, some config is required on SAP FI side.

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fisher,

All your vendors will be mapped to a particular company code and to this particular company code there will be numerous G/Ls mapped. Hence the vendor must be mapped to a particular company code and that company code must be present in your system.

This error means, your 3rd party is sending wrong company code or there is some mapping problem at PI end. Please check with your Procurement/Finance team, what is the company code mapped to this vendor and then post the correct data.

Regards,

Nitin