cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short questions regarding FPM functionalities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear FPM community and experts,

I have a few specific questions regarding what can or cannot be done with FPM (I couldn't find the answers in the cookbook and haven't discovered any fitting parameters, so I'd be happy if any experts could help out)

1. Can the size (width, height) of buttons in the Form GUIBB be set by the developer?

2. Is it possible to customize the text on such buttons? (e.g. text size or line breaks within the text)

3. Is it possible to control the margins between the columns of a chart in the chart GUIBB? So far, I have seen charts like

but I wonder if it is possible to configure the columns in such a way that they're displayed like this:

Many thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

simon_hoeg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

with regard to 1) and 2) Using Form UIBB GL2 you can set explicitly set the width and heigth of a button in the design time. But during the runtime is scales with the size of the content (i.e. length of the text, font size, border width. So in combination with FPM Instance Styles or Personas3.0 or SAP Theme Designer you may achieve a satisfying result here.

With regard to 3) I have to say that this is currently not possble. I.e. the width of the columns/bars do scale automatically.

Best regards,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

thanks a lot for clearing up those points!

There are two more questions that I'd like to ask regarding the form uibb:

- is there a way to dynamically change the options displayed in a radio button group? (In your FPM_WB demo apps I saw that these options come from the domain of the data type which can't be changed dynamically)

- is there a way to programmatically change the toggle state of (input fields displayed as) toggle buttons that have been clicked once?

Thank you once again and kind regards,

Karen

simon_hoeg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

can you please check first the variables CT_FIELD_USAGE and CT_ACTION_USAGE of method GET_DATA in your Form UIBB Feeder Class.

Here you may change the status of fields and actions at each roundtrip. Do not forget to set the variables EV_FIELD_USAGE_CHANGED and EV_ACTION_USAGE_CHANGED accordingly.

If this is not sufficient you may go for a Context Based Adaptation, see https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-52227 or you use a so called Dynamic GUIBB, i.e. you have to mark the Feeder Class with interface IF_FPM_GUIBB_DYNAMIC_CONFIG.

Best regards,

Simon

Answers (0)