Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IN BACKGROUND TASK timming out

former_member257859
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a program that calls a FM in background task but times out in 30 mins.  Is there any way to have this not time out?  Or should I use the SUBMIT command?

IN BACKGROUND TASK

Submit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

balbino_soaresferreirafil
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The better way is to use a submit program. Using Job open FM, submit command and then job close FM. The background task in a function module will be used with a RFC, and the time out is configurable by basis team, but for a general rule the time is not much time.

4 REPLIES 4

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

According to my understanding you have to find out the root cause of poor performance. You can use ST05 for performance analysis.

0 Kudos

And there is always the option to work in several smaller packages of data to prevent the function module timing out.

balbino_soaresferreirafil
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The better way is to use a submit program. Using Job open FM, submit command and then job close FM. The background task in a function module will be used with a RFC, and the time out is configurable by basis team, but for a general rule the time is not much time.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a background job ans use submit, the IN BACKGROUND TASK are executed in interactive process so get the same TIME OUT than transactions.

Regards,

Raymond