Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send .XLSX File with multiple worksheets as an attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing the issue while sending the mail with attachment type .XLSX. for the multiple Worksheets.

we have Tried with below possibilities :

1. Customized SO_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 and Changed the Document type Size as from ( 3 to 4 ).

2. Tried with CL_BCS Functionality based on the reference Standard program   BCS_EXAMPLE_7

3. Tried with ABAP2XLSX Functionality.

Finally we have achieved to send single worksheet with .XLSX Extension , But its not happening for Multiple worksheets.

Waiting for Solutions.

Regards ,

Nagaraju Adhikari

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga Raju,

Try using the OLE For attaching Multiple Work sheets in Excel..All the Changes regarding the Excel you can go through the OLE( For Downloading , Uploading , Creating the Sheets Dynamically ).

Find the below link...

Sending email with multiple tabs of excel as a single attachment in ABAP

Hope these is useful

Thanks & Regards

@SURENDRA@

0 Kudos

Dear Surendra,

appreciate your immediate response, I have checked the link which you have provided. in fact we have already implemented the same but it will only works for .XLS and not for .XLSX.

Our requirement is to send the file as .XLSX Format / MS-Excel 2007 Format, Kindly help if you have solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagaraju Adhikari

0 Kudos

Hi

Naga Raju,

Have you tried these

objpack-doc_type = 'XLSX'.

* Packing List For the E-mail Attachment

objpack-transf_bin = 'X'.

objpack-head_start = 1.

objpack-head_num   = 0.

objpack-body_start = 1.

objpack-body_num = tab_lines.

objpack-obj_descr = 'Summary Table'.

objpack-doc_type = 'XLSX'.

objpack-doc_size = tab_lines * 255.

APPEND objpack.

Thanks & Regards

@Surendra@

0 Kudos

Dear Surendra,

We have tried the provided logic but Objpack-doc_type accepts only 3 characters because of that even if you provide XLSX it will trim till 3 digits and it will consider XLS.

I mentioned in my First Post , We have customized the Standard Functionality still it is not working.

So, Now we are focusing on ABAP2XLSX functionality, Kindly suggest If you have any alternative solution.

Thank you.

Regards ,

Nagaraju Adhikari

0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju,

I used ABAP2XLSX to send this kind of file (multiple sheets) via mail without problems a good amount of times.

Could you kindly share a snippet of your code where you try to create the multiple sheets so we can give you a better answer?

TY

Simone

0 Kudos

Hi Nagu Raju,

I have find one function module by surfing..Try these SO_DOCUMENT_REPOSITORY_MANAGER if use ful..I will try mean while for the better solution.

Read the below link

How to use FM "SO_DOCUMENT_REPOSITORY_MANAGER" ... | SCN

Thanks & Regards

@Surendra@

0 Kudos

Dear Simone,

Code snippet as follows:

=======================================================================================

" Get active sheet 

lo_worksheet = lo_excel->get_active_worksheet( ).  

lo_worksheet->title = title. 

lo_worksheet->set_table( ip_table       = ip_table                          

ip_table_title = 'ITAB'                 " internal Table1                          

ip_hdr_style   = lv_style_header_guid                          

ip_body_style  = lv_style_body_guid                          

zlt_components = zlt_components                            ). =======================================================================================

with the help of above code we are able to send .XLSX File with single worksheet and data in Internal table.

but as per our requirement we need to send multiple worksheets with XML data.

you may ask why we are using XML data??? because we need cell wise color and formatting in Excel file.

Kindly suggest solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagaraju Adhikari

0 Kudos

You have to create a new worksheet (or any number you need)

If I remember well (in this system I have not yet installed it) there are 2 methods in LO_EXCEL to add_worksheet and SET_ACTIVE_WORKSHEET.

With them you can add and activate the correct worksheet with a flow like the one below

LO_EXCEL->ADD_WORKSHEET( )

LO_EXCEL->SET_ACTIVE_WORKSHEET( n ) <-n is the worksheet number

LO_WORKSHEET = LO_EXCEL->GET_ACTIVE_WORKSHEET( ).

<---your code--->

If you check ZCL_EXCEL class you can find pretty easily the methods you need.
Sorry for the raw answer, but, as I stated, I do not have the code on this system for a more accurate one

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With little bit of XML knowledge and a know how of how Open XML Spreadsheet works, you can merge different XLSX files into 1 file. I have done this in the past.

Considering the XLSX files contains only text data - not graphs, pictures etc - You just need to merge, Shared strings, Styles and Relationships for this to happen.

Don't ask me for source code - I don't have access to it currently - but it is definitely doable without the help of external tools and by just using ABAP.

Thanks, Juwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I got the solution for multiple worksheets with  .XLSX Extension.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards ,

Nagaraju Adhikari

0 Kudos

Hi NagaRaju,

You can explain how you have done..So it is useful for some one who may face the same issue..

Appreciate if you share your knowledge regarding these.

Thanks & Regards

@Surendra@

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Surendra,

I Have Used ABAP2XLSX Concept and Written the Below Code: 

data:lo_excel            type ref to zcl_excel             ,      

lo_worksheet    type ref to zcl_excel_worksheet   ,

* For first Sheet in the excel workbook 

" Get active sheet 

lo_worksheet = lo_excel->get_active_worksheet( ).  

lo_worksheet->title = 'First Sheet'. 

lo_worksheet->set_table( ip_table       = ip_table                          

ip_table_title  = 'ITAB'"'LT_TEST'                          

ip_hdr_style    = lv_style_header_guid                           

ip_body_style  = lv_style_body_guid                          

zlt_components = zlt_components                            ).

* For second Sheet in the excel workbook  

Add a new work sheet and set the second table as above.                      ).  

and use below logic

lv_file = lo_excel->save_as( zcl_excel=>c_xlsx ). 

" Convert to binary 

call function 'SCMS_XSTRING_TO_BINARY'    

exporting      

buffer        = lv_file   

importing     

output_length = lv_bytecount    

tables    

binary_tab    = lt_file_tab.

and then write send_request method.

we need to write code for SET_TABLE and SET_TABLE2  to pass the Internal table data by using all the importing parameters.

Thanks & Regards ,

Nagaraju Adhikari