Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in infoobject transformation and data loading

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

facing issue in transformation :

Requirement : I have to get data into target infooject on the basis of combination of some infoobjects. Here, there is one DSO , say DSO1, which act as source for data, means i have to lookup for data into this DSO.

E. G. : read reciever (target) Network based on Source Network, Source WBS, Source Activity.

Approach :

1. Read using rule type : read from DSO.

2. Or write a routine that will use a select query to read data from this DSO1.

But in both the cases,Target Network is taking exact value as the SOurce network, whatver i put into Source netwrok. when i debugged, i found that both above approachs are working fine, but, there is one piece of source code (conversion) that is written in background that is converting source network and putting into Target Network, whatever i put into source. means bypasisng the rules.

Below is the code that is called in In  (LCL_TRANSFORM) method,

CALL 'CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_INPUT'

ID 'INPUT'  FIELD _R_55-AUFNR

ID 'OUTPUT' FIELD _G_1-RECV_NETW.

ENDIF"suppressed RULE

where, _R_55-AUFNR = 000004000621 (source data) and _G_1-RECV_NETW captures the the final target data.

Here, practically, _R_55-AUFNR should have the RESULT value, but it contains the source network value and passing it exactly into Target Network (_G_1-RECV_NETW).

Debugging screenshots :

Before : until that method is called, the values is correct,

After above method is called.:

Just want to know,how to stop that method by calling.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is difficult to judge what is happening in your case. I suggest that you share a screenshot of the Transformation Rule (so that we can see the source fields and target field). Also I would like to see an extract of the Transformation program where we can see the coding of the respective Transformation Rule.

It has to do with the ALPHA conversion (as set in Characterstic 0RECV_NETW). Within the Transformation this is shown with next to it a checkbox whether the ALPHA conversion should be executed or not. In some cases it cannot be deactivated. Please see also the on-line help for this checkbox.

Best regards,

Sander