cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM failed in Step Extraction 5.2 wrong password for user SYSTEM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

we want to upgrade our SOLUTION-Manager (7.1) with a SupportPackageStack. After starting the SUM(Version 14 Patchevel 10) the upgrade stopped in step:

5.2 Extraction  - Required System Passwords   DDIC and DB user SYSTEM

Error message:

ERROR: Password for 'SYSTEM' does not work, please reenter.

The Password is not wrong .  I've checked the Connection before on the DATABASE-Server under SQLplus.  conn SYSTEM works fine.

I've changed the Password with :  alter user SYSTEM identified by <Password>;

Connection is possible  with the new Password, but SUM failed.

So what's the Problem. Has anyone an idea?

Best regards,

Mathias Schneider

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is fixed. We have a wrong brconnect Version(Solaris in SLES 11 😞  ) in our /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run. After changing all br - files , SUM continues in further steps.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefano,

update: I've fixed the Problem with the "No active instance is found..."

But I cannot find the  file:  inifile.XML 

Where can I find this file?

BR

Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefano,

I've deleted my old SUM and start a fresh session with another SupportPackageLevel (SUM 14 SPL 9) in hope to get no problems with the user SYSTEM. After starting the SUM I get another error:

No active instance is found running on host. In case you are running SUM in virtualized environment please check note: 1802316.

So , I've checked the note but couldn't find any errors in profiles or sapservice.I also restarted the Services two times - without success. I got the same error-message.Any idea, what's the Problem?

Best regards,

Mathias Schneider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the best solution is to insert the correct password in the SUM installation directory inifile.xml.

But the password is encoded, and you need to codify your password.

To do this you can start another session of SUM or SAPINST and insert the values.

For example, in sapinst instdir you can find in the inifile.xml the coded password in this format:

<strval><![CDATA[des24(***|***|***|***|***|******|***|***|***|***|***|***|***|***|***|***|***|)]]>

you need to copy / paste the correct password in your inifile.

In this scn a similar case:

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3467894

BR

Ste