Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer fields for BAPI BAPI_QNOTIFICAT_CREATE

manou
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to add customer fields when creating notification

from BAPI BAPI_QNOTIFICATION_CREATE - there is no Extention for this BAPI

and SAP recomndation is to use user exit, however I cant find any user exit, any idea?

Thanks Emmanuel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Emmanuel,

In fact your question perhaps needs rephrasing.

• You can not create Custom fields through any FMs like already discussed.
  • You can query for updating already configured Custom fields of a Notification,  while creating one.
  • In such case, you need to use user-exit QQMA0014 using the export structure (of-course giving your logic).
  • This updates the custom fields with values as per logic given in this exit while creating Notifcation through any such FM.
  • If this is not suitable, then you have to go for Batch input lines with CALL TRANSACTION 'IW21'., in place of FM to create a Notification alongwith the values to the custom fields.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao.

8 REPLIES 8

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at the exit FM of function group XQQM "Customer Exits QM/PM Notifications" and find SMOD enhancement thru F4 like QQMA0001 or similar (Also look at other kind of Enhancement in package QQM)

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your answer, however this is only for screen exit and not for the BAPI.

Thanks Emmanuel

0 Kudos

Yes but did you look  to other available exits?

0 Kudos

Hi

Thank again, I did checked all the exits, no one

can be used, however I asked a friend and he told me to use BAPI

BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE

Thanks

0 Kudos

This BAPI is for another type of notification, which kind of notification do you actually want to change (or which transaction)

You could try EXIT_SAPMIWO0_020, export some data to memory and import it in this Customer Exit.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Emmanuel,

In fact your question perhaps needs rephrasing.

• You can not create Custom fields through any FMs like already discussed.
  • You can query for updating already configured Custom fields of a Notification,  while creating one.
  • In such case, you need to use user-exit QQMA0014 using the export structure (of-course giving your logic).
  • This updates the custom fields with values as per logic given in this exit while creating Notifcation through any such FM.
  • If this is not suitable, then you have to go for Batch input lines with CALL TRANSACTION 'IW21'., in place of FM to create a Notification alongwith the values to the custom fields.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao.

manou
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks for reply, I used 3 functions:

1. BAPI_QUALNOT_CREATE.

2. BAPI_QUALNOT_SAVE.

3. BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT.

I also implemented the BADI NOTIF_EVENT_SAVE

in order to pass the Z fields added to QMEL table