cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sort Pick Pack manager by Resource

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a customer who is a metal fabricator and uses the Pick Pack manager to pick each day's material for Production orders.  We have set up the various machines on the production floor as Resources, and have included these resources on the Bill of Material for each Production Order.  It would be very helpful to be able to sort the Open Orders in Pick Pack Manager by Resource so when the material is picked, it can be delivered to the proper machine for the day's run.

I have tried using Resource in the Pick Pack Manager parameters but that seems to include the Resource as a line item in the Open drawer.  I then tried using Type and selecting Resource, but again, that just filters out the Resource line items on the Production Orders for picking.  The Sort By drop down does not include Resource as an option.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what we can do to help deliver the picked material to the proper machine?  Is there is a different way to set up the Bills to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Why dont you create 1 UDF in BOM and Production Order as Resource in Header Level.

Then at the the time of Pick and Pack Manager you can select that UDF at Selection Criteria. I think this is what you required.

Thanks,

Harshal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harshal!  I tested that and it works.  I appreciate your help.

Claudia