cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon Help: "Could not connect to IDM server" Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm implementing Logon Help with IdM 7.2 and I'm experiencing the message "Could not connect to IDM Server".

In the backend is everything set (also group policy) and connecting as well as through https.

I'm guessing that this could be a Windows Problem (here we have with w7) or certificate.

Do you guys have any thougts about it?

Thanks!

RG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

The computer that I'm using to test was moved to an OU without policies, setted to connect to the IdM server.

However, the same message is showing up in the screen!

I turned on WireShark log to see what going on and I realized that Logon Help is trying to connect to the IdM server port 50001 and also has a push to 51894 and this port is not open (tried by telnet). I realized too that Logon Help is trying others ports dynamically.

So, I requested to infrastructure support to open the range 5000 to 60000.

Just to let you know: IC run in Windows and front-end JAVA in Linux.

Let me know if you guys have any suggestion.

Regards

RG

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

I don't know that a network analysis will help directly.

Please check that your data source is configured correctly, all SAP services / applications are started for IDM and that database / application ports are open.

You might also want to read

Hope this helps,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

I have been trying to connect to IdM server with port 50001 (by Telnet) and I get successful. So, I noticed that in this port is activated SSL, therefore I have read LH Installation Guide and there is a note that the TLS has to be activated as well.

I requested to basis team to verify it for me. Do you know if this is extremely important or just with SSL I should establish the connection?

Regards,

RG

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

Ordinarily there should not be a certificate needed for IDM (IDM 8 is a whole different scenario), however it can be supported.

Typically an error like this could mean a couple of things:

1. Is your Datasource set up correctly in NetWeaver?

2. Are the ports open for your database and NetWeaver?

3. Can you connect without the use of a certificate? This would help you to determine if this is a Cert issue or an IDM configuration issue.

Hope this helps!

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your  quickly response.

For all 3 bullets the answer is yes. In the browser I can connect into "idm\pwdreset" and change the password from there.

So, I checked windows log viewer and is returning:

Security policies were propagated with warning. 0xd : The data is invalid.

Query for "troubleshooting 1202 events".

My feelling is directing to gpedit (from domain). But, as I need to wait for the global basis to apply to me, I'm trying to take off my machine from the domain gpedit and set locally.

Do you have any idea if this action could be effective? Or there is other way?

Regards,

RG

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

If it's a Security Policy issue, there's little we can help you with

However, please do let us know if this fixes the problem, so that others might be spared this pain.

Thanks!

Matt

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

What's in the trace file?

%appdata%\sap\logonhelp\trace.xml

Kind regards,

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos