Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SMP 3.0 (Agentry) - Before server restart: Prevent new user connections / Check if there are users interacting

Hi,

This question is for SMP 3.0, but in my particular case I only run Agentry applications so I will ask it from this point of view.

From time to time we have to restart SMP 3.0 for different reasons: Patching SMP, patching server, changing parameters... When this happens, I would like to ensure that no user is connected to the system. We have a load balanced environment in production, therefore I would like to take one of the servers, and check if some user is executing an Agentry app synchronization and make this instance unavailable for new connections.

The problem is double:

• Since Agentry app push functionality is enabled, I can see in the SMP user's list that the last connection time is the current time, so I can't distinguish who is executing a transmit and who is just waiting for data to be pushed.
  • In the other hand: Is it possible to lock the server to not allow new connections so the load balancer redirects everything to the other instance?
Tags:

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question