cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0 (Agentry) - Before server restart: Prevent new user connections / Check if there are users interacting

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This question is for SMP 3.0, but in my particular case I only run Agentry applications so I will ask it from this point of view.

From time to time we have to restart SMP 3.0 for different reasons: Patching SMP, patching server, changing parameters... When this happens, I would like to ensure that no user is connected to the system. We have a load balanced environment in production, therefore I would like to take one of the servers, and check if some user is executing an Agentry app synchronization and make this instance unavailable for new connections.

The problem is double:

• Since Agentry app push functionality is enabled, I can see in the SMP user's list that the last connection time is the current time, so I can't distinguish who is executing a transmit and who is just waiting for data to be pushed.
  • In the other hand: Is it possible to lock the server to not allow new connections so the load balancer redirects everything to the other instance?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Each application has an Message.log file.  In this file it give a overview of each type of message sent to a client, size, and time.   If the user that are connected are only 218 messages they are only getting the Keep Alive messages that go along with push: Agentry Messages Log Definition - SAP Mobility - SCN Wiki

2) Nothing on the SMP Server.  You might be able to stop the messages by telling the load balancer that the server is off-line

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephen,

1)

I'm trying to define a procedure to restart SMP for our SAP Basis team ensuring that no users are affected thanks to load balancing.

I think it can be very confusing for them to ask to check messages log since they don't know anything about Agentry even if I provide the information from your link.

The other alternative so far is to schedule restarts during non-working hours, which we already do for most of the situations like patching. But these days I had an emergency to enable debugging during the day and I was wondering what could do the best way to do it.

2)

If I tell the load balancer that the server is off-line, it will interrupt the active connections as well. Don't you think?

Kind Regards,

Marçal

Answers (0)