cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break/Section with Custom Grouping

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need a WebI report with grouping on Products and wanted different products as a group ,totals for each group In addition to row totals & percentage (see attachment)., from Product A- E as a color shade with Totals, F-H as other, & I- K as color shade. How would I get this done?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

antonette_oberholster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hallo Christina

You could create a variable to group them, example:

=If([Product] InList("Product A";"Product  B";"Product C";"Product D")) Then "Group 1" ElseIf([Product] InList("Product E";"Product F")) Then "Group 2" Else "Group 3"

And then you could change the coloring according to the group variable

Regards

Antonette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Antonette, But that is giving 3 rows with Group 1,Group 2,Group 3. I wanted these for coloring but still wanted Product names has to display in the order mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cristina,

For coloring you can refer my previous post

Former Member
0 Kudos

How would I get the same layout with Product names & totals for each product name group as I attached

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristina,

As mentioned by Antonette, you can create a group variable based on the product names and while creating the Rule for coloring you can use this variable and let the original columns in the table as it is. you should not change anything in the table.

This grouping is only to create the alert/conditional rule.

Apply the rule on the columns you need

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, it’s coming as expected. However, I have 1 issue with Percentage column. I am dividing Row totals (sum of Products) by Grand Totals (Total Products), for Ex: 1500/16879=.8 should appear, but I am getting 1 for al rows, here is the formula =Sum([Product])ForEach ([GROUP])/ =Sum([Product]) GROUP is the group mentioned by Antonette

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cristina,

Try this

=(Sum([Product]) ForEach ([GROUP])) / (Sum([Product]) in Break)

Let us know if that worked.

Thanks,

Mahboob Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are example says you want to divide each row total with grand total i.e 1500/16...

where as your formula says you want to divide group total by grand total..

For fist scenario use =Sum([Sales revenue] )/Sum([Sales revenue] In Block )

For second scenario you can use =Sum([Sales revenue] In ([Group]))/Sum([Sales revenue] In Block )

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cristina,

You need to make use of Conditional format based on percentage.

Below tutorial should be able to help you in creating conditional rules.

Please note you can access this feature through Java/applet mode only.

Regards

Niraj