cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC 10.0 GRAC_BATCH_RISK_ANALYSIS Full vs. incremental

0 Kudos

Hi everybody, we have SAP GRC 10.0 with SP21 and latest OSS notes installed. We have scheduled job GRAC_BATCH_RISK_ANALYSIS with incremental mode every day and full mode once per month. When we have a lot of changes in one connector (e.g. role authorization changes, changes in role assignments...) we are facing the phenomenon that only a GRAC_BATCH_RISK_ANALYSIS in full mode updates data correctly in order to get SOD workitems with the same result as an adhoc risk analysis shows. When we only use the incremental mode some changes are not captured and SOD workitem shows different / old results as the adhoc risk analysis which captures it's data by GRAC_REPOSITORY_OBJECT_SYNC (which is also scheduled every day incremental and full once per week). I know the recommendation by SAP to run GRAC_BATCH_RISK_ANALYSIS in full mode at least once per month, but this takes several days in our environment. From my point of view an incremental batch analysis on a regularly basis must show the same result as the full mode does. Is there any mistake in my thoughts or do you face similar issues? Thanks for your answers and regards, Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

surya_appala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Are you making any changes to your rule set before the full mode job runs ? In case of any change in rule set it will show different results. It is recommended to run full mode batch risk analysis after making changes to rule sets (without waiting for monthly job to run).

Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos

Hi Surya, we are not making any changes to our rule set. The only changes taking place are directly on the connector. Regards, Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

As per normal scenario, if you making any changes on rule set or connector, you have to do full sync,

Thanks

Amit Nanaware

surya_appala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Yes we have also observed the same in our case. Somehow Incremental sync is not updating every detail accurately. This is why we are running this job in full sync every week.

We are on GRC 10 SP 20.

Regards,

Surya