cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in third Party PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

One Third Party PR -4********** of Quantity-65.000,000 was created against Sales Order-4******.User Created one Partial PO-6******01 of quantity-18.000,000.

User facing below error at the time of creation second PO for partial quantity against same PR.

Message No.06 249 Material for Preq & , Item &, already partially ordered.

As per standard SAP functionality we can not create more than one Partial PO against PR created from sales order.

But after removing fixed vendor, and info record from PR system allowing to create more than one Partial PO from same PR. User asking why system behaved like that???

why system allowing to create more than one PO from single PR in Third Party process.???

Thanks & Regards,

Bubai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I already checked that SAP Note . I already known about that solution . But My question is why system is allowing to create multiple PO against Third Party PR after removing source list & Fixed Vendor From PR????

Thanks & Regards,

Bubai

former_member280154
Participant
0 Kudos

Bubai,

I just replicated this in my system and I am able to create multiple POs for the same PR with the same vendor and I did not get the error you're referring to.

But, my guess would be when you remove the vendor and PIR, there is no way for system to check that there is an existing PO for your material and vendor combination in the P.Org and plant mentioned.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the scenario in EHP 4 and found that system is issuing the message 06 249 even after removing the fixed vendor / info record from PR. If its not happening in your system, you may ensure that the message 06 249 is maintained as Error message. If not, share your SAP release with EHP details.

In addition, you may implement the note: 2149819 - ME21N and ME22N: Message no. 06249 is not consistently issued as well and test the scenario again.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Message 06 249 is maintained as error message because whenever i would go for creating new PO against that PR without removing fixed vendor/ Info record we are getting same error.

We currently using system EHP7 for SAP ERP 6.0.

Regards,

Bubai

mohsinabbasi007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bubai,

Agreed with the Prasoon suggested SAP Note 1882260. Which clearly explains the cause and resolution of the problem which you are facing. You can handle it either on MM side or SD side as per note.

Best Regards

Mohsin Abbasi

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its standard design. Please check the KBA: 1882260 - MM-PUR Error 06249 occurs when creating several Purchase Orders from one 3d party sales or... which explains the system design and the solution.

Regards,

AKPT

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bubai,

Did you have a look into existing SAP notes? Like for example: 2149819 or 1882260

Regards,

Fortian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fortian,

User asking why they create new PO against new PR. PR is still is open.and they can be able to create new Partial PO against same PR. But every time they deleting info record & Fixed vendor from source of supply in PR.

So, They are asking why they do same thing for third party PR for creating more than one PO.they are not accepting the solution that is creating new PO against new PR, or entering new line item in sales order.Because already PO is created against same PR after removing Fixed vendor & Info record from same PR.

Regards,

Bubai