cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Hyper Link in user decision step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I want to send Hyper link which will call adobe form in user decision step in my workflow.

Here i have done in the similar way which has given in sap technical to pass hyper link ,But if i am sending small link like "gmail.com" i am getting the link in user decision but still not able to open it.

Now when i try to pass the link which is relevant to adobe form , i am not getting the total link in user decision  its getting truncated , and the reference type i have used for hyper link is  "/RPM/PORTAL_LINK"

Please let me know how can i solve this.

Thank you.

Regards

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ok well you have a very long URL link and of course SBWP and SAPScript (which is used for the work item description) will truncate that - usually at about 70 characters.

So I would say the approach you are following is not suitable for a link of that size.

I don't think SWFVISU will help you here either - if it's just a plain URL.

You might want to consider creating a secondary method

Methods Tab Page - SAP Business Workflow - SAP Library

That would give you a link from the inbox to start the secondary method and in the secondary method you could put your code to generated and launch your URL in a new browser window or tab.

Rgds,

Jocelyn

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Ok well every workflow inbox handles links differently and some don't handle them at all.  Also there are several different ways of adding links to a work item.  So for us to answer your question you need to tell us:

* Which workflow inbox are you using - Fiori My Inbox? Unified Inbox? UWL? SBWP????

* How did you configure the links in the work item - directly in the work item description? In txn SWFVISU? Some other way?

Also mentioning SAP Technical is not much help here .. that's a lot of magazine issues and articles to guess at.  You would need to provide the link to the specific article or at least give us some clue to what it describes.

Rgds

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn.

Thanks for your quick response.

below is the required information.

At present i am using SBWP where i can send work item along with link.

My Requirement is i need to call adobe-form once the user click on link so that user  can approve or reject from the Form , so once he approve i need to send the WI to next level with the same link if he rejects i need to send back to initiator.

This requirement  i am  having  in PMM , Please  let me know is there any way that i can send WI to NWBC using SWFVISU mapping.

below is the link i have referred form sap technical.

Passing a hyperlink in a Work item

And here is the sample link which will call my adobe form.

http://vddpm.dewa.gov.ae:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/rpm_item_details?appl_mode=2&appl_type=RPM&edit_m...3440B5CFFA391ED5B0CEC0D85300C54B&object_type=RIH&portal_role=RPM_PORT&portfolio_guid=3440B5CFFA391ED5B0B9329B2BA250E4&sap-client=300&sap-ep-tstamp=20160317084018&sap-ep-version=7&sap-ie=Edge&sap-language=EN&sap-nwbc-context=03HA33B030D633D533D2333636700A760C88770A088A0F08F0353032333440481919A0491B1818BB0029A0948181A10F00&sap-theme=sap_corbu&sap-wd-configid=RPM_ITEM_DETAILS_CFG&sap-wd-tstamp=20160317084018&sap-accessibility=

Thank you.

Regards

Suresh