cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Requirement using finite scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

On any work center (labor oriented), if one particular person  is absent on any particular day, System should reflect his absence to the work center. Hence available capacity has to be adjusted automatically accordingly.

Example : If 3 persons are working on a particular work center, available capacity will be 3 X 8 hours = 24 hours.

But if any one person is absent that means, available capacity 2 X 8 hours = 16 hours only.  So that, whenever planner is working on capacity planning, system should considers 16 hours as available capacity.

Questions 1 : How work center available capacity gets adjusted, if one or more persons are absent? Where can we see this capacity adjusted?

Questions 2 :: Can we assign multiple persons to a particular operation in Production order ?

I would appreciate your great replies

Regards,

Raghuram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raghuram,

The available capacity w.r.t. no of people is handled through no of individual capacity in the cap definition of a workcentre.

Now in you case you would have defined no of individual capacity as 3. In the capacity definition screen click on change intervals button, here you can have a capacity definition with a validity date and you can adjust the individual capacity for each date range.

So every day update the workcentre when your resource is absent, this will reduce the available capacity for that day. If you can plan leaves in future you can do that also.

Having said that, this capacity data is useful for planning and don't you think it will be too late by the time you know the resource is absent, to adjust this and replan. As by this time you need to execute and what ever is not executed is a backlog and should be re-planed in the next planning cycle.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Thanks for your reply,

can you please elaborate on this?

As by this time you need to execute and what ever is not executed is a backlog and should be re-planed in the next planning cycle.

In the capacity planning table where can i see the task / operation wise performed by person and which T-code for specific criteria.

It is a manual process to adjust the dates or automatically can done ?

Here , My aim is to get whether the capacity is automatically adjusted or should be done manually.

Regards,

Raghuram

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raghuram,

Every thing can be automated, right from the attendance punching to capacity availability to order scheduling, it depends on how much money you have

As already explained you need to adjust the available capacity manually in the workcenter, CR02 transaction every time the resource is absent, and you can see this new available capacity Automatically in planning table... now its business as usual with new available capacity, perform all the planning steps which you did to arrive at your original production plan, before this change in capacity.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

My client is using MTO / MTS scenaro's. Now we are mapping ETO scenario as well.

One more thing, My client is using HCM Module. Now basic thing, I want to integrate the HCM module to PP module for capacity planning to capture attendance, absence using Bio-metric system.

Everyday, as per customer order. There may be "n" number of orders received. Using Order BOM, Routing, etc. The activity is involved in Unit Cost Estimate method. I need to to capacity planning in any every area where there are work centers involved. I Don't want to do any manual intervention like drag and drop functionality method. Is there any provision to achieve this task.

Please let me know, if any configurations are required to do separately or enhancements.

Regards,

Raghuram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghuram,

I am assuming that you are a PP consultant of some kind.  If so, you already know the answers.  If you want to do Capacity planning in any form, YES, configurations are required.

I don't know the details of your business requirements.  From the sound of it, you are not talking about a couple of tweaks that you can get from an SCN forum.  You will need to assemble a team and go through an entire project evolution, using ASAP or similar method.  I can say with some certainty that some enhancements will also be required.

As mentioned by expert Abhishek, if you don't want to do any manual interventions, ANYTHING in SAP can be automated, provided you have a reasonable business requirement and unlimited resources to work with.

Best Regards & Good Luck,

DB49.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Note that at the time you know that one person is not working, then it is too late to adjust the calendar of your work center. When this happens (when you know that 1 person is not going to work) then you already have the production orders scheduled..

So it would be better to reschedule your orders on a weekly basis in order to adjust the time of your orders.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mariano,

I Agree, Even though. If I see in capacity planning table. Is there any option to have automatic scheduling key. System should propose automatically free capacity available dates to adjust.

Regards,

Raghuram

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuram,

You can schedule automatically an order upon creation, but I don´t think you can re-schedule the orders previously scheduled automatically. At least I don´t think it is possible in SAP PP.

You can do something like this in APO PPDS.

Kind Regards,

Mariano