Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit table T777A in HR system

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to edit the table T777A in quality system. It gives me an error saying "Client not modifiable". I checked in SCC4 and the client is actually not modifiable.

But when I tried to edit the table in production, it worked fine. The client is non modifiable in prod system too and the table has the same settings in quality and prod.

What could be the issue here?

Regards,

Anish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

What is the client role in SCC4, if it is "production client", then it could be modified.

Best regards,

Candy

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that it is normal status for this table.

This table is type C. "Customizing table, maintenance only by customer and not updated by SAP import.

Regards David.

0 Kudos

Hi David,

Yes that's correct but then it shouldn't be modifiable in production too.

The table properties are same in quality and production system.

Regards,

Anish

0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

Then probably you are loking SOBJ transacction.

There are some task that it is not customizables because there are considered "productive task". One system is Productive bacause some features are especific for it.

In SOBJ you search the object, and registry to modify. If this object  affected in migration and upgrades you need to decide if the object return to standard configuration of this object or not.

If you look OSS notes abaut SOBJ transacction you can find exactly procedure to change it.

regards David.

0 Kudos

Hi.

In SOBJ find "flag for linking maintenance object with transport"

David.

0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

What is the client role in SCC4, if it is "production client", then it could be modified.

Best regards,

Candy

0 Kudos

Hi Candy,

I changed the client role from "test" to "production" in the quality system and it worked fine.

Thank you so much for the help!

BTW off topic what is the significance of client role in SCC4?

Regards,

Anish