cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client deletion using parallel processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am planning to do client deletion using parallel processing method in my QA instance. My DEV and QA are in same box.

I would like to get clarified on below things,

1. What are the prerequisites that we need to take care before executing a client deletion using parallel processing?

2. How many parallel process that we can assign( My HP unix box is having 2 instances with 2 CPU).

3. While client deletion is running in background using parallel process, whether users using the system feel slow response time?

4. what is the limitation and advantages of using parallel processing during client deletion?

please clarify.

regards,

Vinodh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

as long as your hardware is capable to take the load then there is no problem executing the client deletion in parallel processing.

1. you should take offline backup of your system, if you want the client back again then you should able to restore.

2. there is no limit as this is depends on your HW sizings, also check you archive backup directory how much space is available. becuase parallel process will fill your archive directory very fast, you should able to manage to clear or backup. or else you will get archive stuck.

3.yup, system will be slow but you can notify the users or execute the client deletion when you have less load.

4. your client deletion will be very fast and limit is only your HW capability.

Cheers,

-Sunil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinodh,

*Since you are deleting you need not care about disk space, however you have to make sure that you have enough space in the rollback segments.

*Some companies have a policy to switch off the archive mode during the client deletion. (plan your strategy accordingly)

*Even if you are deleting the client using parallel processes, schedule the client deletion during non-business hours/days e.g. Sat & Sun

*As per SAP guidelines, Two processes per available database CPU is a good guideline. Still in your case please choose 3 parallel processes

*Yes indeed, users might will feel slight slow response time during peak business hours.

*Incase you don't use parallel prcoess during client copy deletion, the task will take considerable time. there are no limitations as such, but keep an eye on the rollback segments

Regards,

Ammey Kesarkar

<i>'Award points for useful info'</i>