Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL ABAP Configuration

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'd like to configure a SAP Web Dispatcher for a SAP NW AS ABAP with End-to-End-SSL scenario, my question is Can I use a Self-signed certificate for NW AS ABAP and a signed one from a CA for the Web Dispatcher? Or both have to be signed from a CA? Have you ever try that?

Best regards,

JA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello JA,

No problem in using a self-signed certificate at the AS ABAP and using a CA signed certificate at the Web Dispatcher only.

The following WIKI page is related to the setup you'll be performing, and it might be helpful.

Configuring the SAP Web Dispatcher to trust the backend system SSL certificate - Application Server ...

Best regards,

Isaías

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information Isaias, by the way, Do you know if It's possible to generate a self-signed certificate for SAP Web Dispatcher? I'd like to try the configuration first before going to the CA for the signature. Unfortunatly, I believe we cant signed the Test SSL certificates from SAP anymore.

Best regards,

JA.

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello JA,

You can use the Web Dispatcher administration interface to generate the self-signed certificate. Maybe this blog helps.

If you want to play around certificates, then you can use OpenSSL to create your test CA and have your test certificates signed.

Kind regards,

Cris

Answers (0)