Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing server resources for accommodating new Business Function in BO 4.1

former_member297636
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm expecting a new business function to move to BO soon(50 Webi reports approx.), the development of these reports is underway and go live is approaching soon. As an administrator, I'm trying to be prepared ahead of time, in terms of server availability and resources required for day to day operation and schedule of these reports. Currently, the Production server is a standalone system that runs on VM and has enough resources to run daily operations smoothly but with 50 more reports and their schedules running on daily/weekly/monthly basis the current set up will need to compete for resources and create chaos later. Here are my questions :

1) I'm trying to find out a way to calculate how much RAM, CPU do I need to assign to the server to ensure it is prepared and ready to take on these new batch of reports?

2) Also, because all 50 reports are Web intelligence reports, would I need to re-size Webi processing server, Adaptive job server seperately ?

Please share your thoughts and any best practices that would help me prepare this system for upcoming load.

Thanks

GauravB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you are still planning to provision your servers, I'd recommend going to BI4.2 SP02 directly.

regards,

H

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205064
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to go though the BI Sizing Guide:-

These should answer all your query:-

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/1055c550-ce45-2f10-22ad-a6050fff97f1