Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Is it possible to get ASMA file name into message payload by using standard Adapter modules?

Hi!

I try to get file name from ASMA and put it to message payload in Sender file communication channel.

I use AF_Modules/DynamicConfigurationBean and AF_Modules/PutPayloadValueBean to get it work. But it doesn't.

AF_Modules/DynamicConfigurationBean               1

AF_Modules/PutPayloadValueBean                     1

1     key.1                                                                                                         write http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/File FileName

1     value.1                                                                                                       module.fileName

1     put:/ns0:MT_NVT_Transfer_Message/MESSAGE_HEADER/MESFILENAM    module.fileName

1     xmlns                                                                                                        xmlns:ns0="urn:my_namespace"

I use the same module key in order to get access to module context parameter "fileName". With different module keys it doesn't work either.

During execution I get error in PutPayloadValueBean saying that "value can not be null". I guess the module can't access module.fileName parameter defined in first module.

Is there any chance to get it work in such way?

P.S. Of couse, I know about UDF and Java/XSLT realizations of this task and I did it many times. But now I want to try Adapter modules to do the same.

Tags:
replied

Hi Evgeniy

I checked the codes using Get your hands on those (precious) module source code! and confirmed that DynamicaConfigurationBean will not work with PutPayloadValueBean.

DynamicConfigurationBean stores the value in the module context under keys that begin with "module."

However, PutPayloadValueBean retrieves the value in the module context with prefix "ValueBean.".

So the two modules are not compatible

Regards

Eng Swee

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question