Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to implement SAP note proactively

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Might be my question is little generic.

Is there any way to implement SAP note proactively. For example we implement notes when we face some problem in certain component. But is it possible before the problem happens we plan to implement all notes related to the important components.

Understand there are a lot of components. Still this type of approach is possible?

Detail explanation will help me a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Krishnendu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

You can generate the side effect report from service market place for your current stack. The side effect report will be having the known issues for the current stack and error fixing notes for each component. for e.g; If my system is ECC 6.07 SPS5 means, I need to generate side effect report for SPS 5 and check all the known issues in SPS5 and apply the fixes against each issues.

Side-Effects of SAP Notes | SAP Support Portal  Please  check here to request the SAP side effect report. Checking side effect report is general prerequisite for updating SPS in the system.

hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pradeep

former_member192421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnendu,

This note 432027 has some good information on this. Like...

• At which times you are supposed to import Support Packages.
  • Which activities must be taken into account for this.
  • How you can supply your system environment with Support Packages.
  • Why is the regular updating of the system environment with Support Packages important ?

SAP recommends to define a strategy in which periods you want to import a Support Package into the production system. Recommended period of 3 to 6 months.

So indirectly, if you apply Support packages stacks periodically, then you don't need to apply notes individually to fix bugs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajkumar

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Das.

To my understanding SAP Note used for follow points same points you can find it in SAP support portal page. SAP Note & Knowledge Base Article Search | SAP Support Portal

• 80% of SAP Notes contain coding corrections
  • Solve complex technical issues
  • Most SAP Notes contain the description of the issue from a business perspective as well as the technical solution
  • Implementation tool for the coding corrections is available to help customer to implement SAP Notes

Understand there are a lot of components. Still this type of approach is possible?

In place of implementing all the SAP notes you can upgrade the SAP component support package level.

Regards

SS

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have seen a policy to implement all Sap security related notes on quarterly basis to avoid the vulnerability. But what you are asking is a challenging task as any note implementation requires testing and there are bunches of notes for each and every components.

The biggest challenge here is to identify all notes and make a test plan based on those notes.

I have an idea but note sure how feasible it is to implement. Well you can extract all the notes from any support packs for each components and then do a filter based on the the Country and components. After that you still have to read all those notes and prepare the test plan and you can implement those notes.

Regards,

Subhash