cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Hierarchy display: How to get rid of the bullets ?

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using Web dypro ALV to display my data, and I use ALV display type hierarchy. When I expand the parent node in my hierarchy column, I get bullets in my lower level rows in the hierarchy column( this is the standard hierarchical ALV display). Is it possible to override these bullets ? I want to have a link to action element instead of the bullets in that column(for the lower level rows). If this is not possible, then atleast I would like to have an empty column with no text instead of the bullets. Could any one of you please help me ?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Viqar Ali.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALi..

I hv arequirement of displaying a tree hierarchy in my ALV table..

It seems you hv done it..

Can you plz tell me how to achieve this ..

jagruti..

0 Kudos

Hi jagruti,

It is very simple to display a Hierarchical ALV. Just do the following:

lr_column = l_value->if_salv_wd_column_settings~get_column( 'COLUMN_NAME' ).

• For hierarchical column display: Set column as hierarchy column

lr_column->if_salv_wd_column_hierarchy~set_hierarchy_column( abap_true ).

• Use display type hierarchical for the table.

l_value->if_salv_wd_table_settings~set_display_type( if_salv_wd_c_table_settings=>display_type_hierarchy ).

This is sufficient coding to display the ALV as a hierarchy.

However, my problem is that when I display the ALV as a hierarchy, I get bullets in the hierarchy column in my lower level rows on expanding the parent node. I wanted to know if it is possible to get rid of the bullets.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Viqar Ali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ali..

thanx for the help...

even im getting those bullets...

but 1 more question ...how can i display multiplw child for 1 parent ...instaed of bullet i want text there with the child node name..

can u help..

jagruti