Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lot Released with no specs.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

New issue I'm having.

We created a user status.

STATUS1:  Forbids Lot Release :  "Forbidden" and "No Action" set, Initial status

STATUS2:  Has lot release as an item with "Allowed" and "No Action" Set

Lot is created: user status is added to lot as configured.

No inspection plan is found but is required so lot is in CRTD status.

User changes user status to STATUS2.  (Which should just allow the Release status)

When user status is changed, lot changes to "REL" system status with no plan assigned and no sample calculated.

Lot is not allowed to be reset due to REL status.. I have not found a way to recover the lot.

I don't understand why the user status is setting the REL status.  It should only allow the REL status, not set it.  The system normally requires an inspection plan and sample calculation before releasing an inspeciton lot.  Why would it allow the user status to override that, especially when the user status is set to "No Action" and to only allow the REL status?

Has anyone seen this?

Craig

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Craig,

in STATUS2 you've put "Release inspection lot" as "Allowed" with "No action" that is enforcing the system to release the inspection lot without inspection plan assignment and sample calculation.

Because, while having the STATUS1, if you assign the inspection plan and perform the sample calculation, the user status will restrict the system status "REL". So, next time, system will set the system status "REL" when you put any user status without "Release Inspection lot" as "Forbidden". It has to be this way otherwise your lot will remain in "CRTD" status.

Solution: You need to put "Release Inspection lot" as "No influence" with "No action" for STATUS2 and system will not automatically release the inspection lot.

Regards,

Dipeshkumar Bhavsar

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Good Evening Señor !!

As per what I have understood for your explanation, it seems, STATUS1 got picked automatically as that was the 'initial status' for the selection profile. But once this has been changed to STATUS2, you can't revert it to STATUS1, and so there is a problem in sample calculation for putting the inspection lot form CRTD to REL status. If so, please can you check the below screenshot -

Please can you check in your status profile, what is the 'Lowest status No' assigned against STATUS2 for your status profile? I believe for your case, lowest number is not same. I believe they has to be same in order to switch to between one status to another status.

Kindly check and let me know if my understanding is correct!!

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I think you should set your status in the following way to meet your requierement

STATUS1:  Forbids Lot Release :  "Forbidden" and "No Action" set, Initial status

STATUS2:  Has lot release as an item with "Allowed" and "SET" as next action, this causes that when released user status is set (if no other activity is required to set user status), and put "Choose task list for insp. lot" and "Determine sample" as allowed and the other activities that you can perform with user status. Using user status sometimes require replicate system validations.

Best regards

Carlos Diaz